How highly do you regard appearance? in yourself and others

I feel like appearance is still the number one most important thing about someone because it's the only thing that people can judge you on. Not everyone is going to take the time and effort to get to know you as a person so personality is out. When you go about your day, your appearance is what everyone notices.

Most Helpful Girl

• How highly do you regard appearance? Depends on the situation

Knowing people- appearance doesn't matter.

Friends- I just naturally have friends that are about the same attractiveness as me

^ people I know /= friends

Dating- appearance matters is most important since it's what I first see & what I get my physical attraction from. I don't compensate physical attraction with personality or vice versa.

What Guys Said 4

• I look at the person more.

Some girls have poor style and are just awkward socially. If I see something in her, I'll go for it. Finding a diamond in the ruff is more satisfying than nodding to yet another vixen on a pedestal.

Though, not everyone thinks like I do. Yes, I view my appearance as very important because I don't want to be viewed as unapproachable.

• If she doesn't turn me on at all I can't be interested.

• Initial attraction - appearance

What keeps me around - personality

• would you give someone a chance if you aren't initially attracted to them? I think a lot of people never give great people a chance because they don't look past their looks

• Absolutely

• Not too much. I barely associate with people unless I have to, so appearance isn't much of a factor for me.

What Girls Said 4

• Let's be honest, appearance matters quite a great deal. It's usually the first thing we notice about someone. It is what draws us to someone, it attracts us to them physically. However, it doesn't hold us to them.

How many times have you known someone who was very good looking on the outside, but you did not think that they were attractive at all, in the least, what so ever, their mama must have dropped them in a bucket-of-ugly when they were young, all because of their personality? Yes, this is about how far good looks last. And that's not long.

Then there are people we find attractive both physically & inside, because they are. The sun could almost rise and shine with them, right? And they aren't really attractive at all. We just think they are...Because, we find nice people attractive.

• Initial attraction is usually based off of looks, so yea, appearance is important.

I wouldn't stick around with someone solely based on their looks though.

• I agree with you. When looking for someone to date, physical attractiveness is what initially strikes a person's interest. If I see a guy that I find attractive then I will want to get to know the person behind the appearance to see if I truly like him. However, just to be clear, I would never date someone based solely on appearance - he's got to have a great personality and I have to be attracted to him.

• A book's cover doesn't get me, yet what's written inside that touches me deep :)

• that is true. but you don't always get the chance to get to know someone

• If you mean a passerby, then sure looks attract you. I like the guy to be confident, clean and tidy. That's all. Muscles, being blond, etc...don't amuse me much.