Friends say I can do better, how should I take care of this?

I've been told I'm gorgeous, model type of girl but on the other hand. The guy I like is average.

When I introduce my friends/others to him, they act friendly and everything but once he's gone. They give me a weird, saying I can do better.

He's so sweet to me though and we get along so well. We both love cooking and trying new things.

I want to continue getting to know him and so forth but it's hard to when people keep telling me different. Most guys who see me with him ask me why I lower my standards/settling for less.. I don't believe that I did or am settling for less.

He is cute to me..

I don't want to explain to people why I chose him, I don't need to give them reasons but it's so annoying!

Most Helpful Guy

• I think they are probably speaking from their own insecurities, the men from jealousy that someone not as attractive as they are is dating someone as attractive as you, and the women might feel like they are being called wrong for only being so selective and they want you to date someone hotter, so they can stop feeling that way.

What Guys Said 5

• some "friends" you have...

• I agree with everyone else. It's really none of their business who you date (unless the person is abusive to you). You're not dating or, long-term, marrying your friends. If they're bothered by it, it just reflects back on their own superficiality and insecurities. You're the one who needs to be happy, not them.

• It's none of your friends business. If their standard is to be superficial, let em be. Being shallow doesn't pay off in the long run.

• F*** what the others think, if you like him, stay with him!

• I wouldn't exactly call those people friends, and that saying "you could do better" especially coming from guys reeks of jealousy.

What Girls Said 4

• Who cares? If you like him?

I would tell them to F*** off. but, that is just me.

If I like him, then I like him. I don't care if someone thinks

I am better..ha. I have dated people where people question

why I am with them. Looks aren't everything...

• Omg.. If you need to ask this question then there's a problem within itself..

If you like this guy the who gives a fucckk about what others think? Your friends aren't real friends if they can act like that when your together but totally dog him behind his back, & you sit there and listen..? That's some frustrating fifth grade shiit..

If you like him & wuna be around him & he treats you like a prncess, than that's all that matters!

I think you need to find some new friends tho.. Ones that don't judge as harshly, as they have flaws also!

• Looks aren't everything. If you're happy with him and want to keep seeing him then go ahead, don't let the opinions of those around you sway yours.

• I get the same stuff from my friends but I just don't care. If you like someone then go for it. Ask them how they would like it if you said that about someone they like.