Is there any self tanners that don't make you look silly?

I'm pale as a ghost and I'm trying to give myself a little make over

So besides dying my hair and getting colored contacts I'd also like to get a tan. I'm kinda trying to steer away from the whole nerd vibe I have going on right now, haha.

I heard Sun Labs was really good but I just wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions. Thank you!

Most Helpful Girl

• Good to know that you're staying out of the sun and have decided to go for a fake tan. Although it's healthy to get a small amount of sun each day (good for your bone health and mental health) sun damage is the main contributor for ageing skin.

Solarium's are worse, so avoid those. You are better off going out in the sun than going to a solarium.

Although I tan quite easily, I never go out in the sun without sunscreen on and usually try and stay in the shade. I have become quite pale because of this so I am a huge fan of fake tans.

The ones that I recommend are the ones that are moisturises with a small amount of fake tan in them. I personally use Dove Summer Glow. That way you can build up your tan to the level that you want and avoid looking like a carrot. You also get less streaks using them.

My tip for applying fake tan, whether it is the moisturiser type or a stronger type is to first slather yourself in a rich moisturiser like coco butter, let it sink in, then go have a shower and exfoliate all the rough, dead skin off. Then once you have dried off from your shower, apply the fake tan/moisturiser with tan in it, immediately. Give it about 5-10 minutes to dry before putting some loose clothing on and avoid wearing white for a couple hours!

If you are naturally pale, just start off with a light tan. Pale skin is very beautiful if it's taken care of but I understand how you can get sick of it. The tanning moisturiser is best for people with pale skin as it doesn't look fake, as long as you don't apply too much.

Fake tan is much better than sun baking and the quality of fake tans have improved a lot recently. I strongly recommend the tanning moisturisers that gradually build up a tan to the level that looks good on you, but you can even mix a fake tan cream with your own moisturiser to get the same effect, I have done this myself before.

What Guys Said 4

• Sometimes pale skin can be sexy

• The only tan that looks good is a natural one. Even tanning salon tans are too fake.

• Yeah but naturally I just burn :(

• A pale tan can be very appealing.

• Esp if you have pale skin which is thinner and ages more easily it is rarely worth it for the one time tan to wind up looking 10 years older than your true age. Rock the pale. If you still feel too self conscious, use self tanner for a tint. Go with kinds for fair skin, make sure you shower and exfoliate with a loofah before you put it on. Don't apply much on the feet or knees or elbows (it will get too dark and streak there). And rub it in thoroughly, keep going even when it feels it's absorbed

• you can never get ride of that nerd vide. NEVER never! you know what they say :P

• You could try spending some time in the sun, just an idea.

What Girls Said 6

• Jergens and dove both make good ones. I've used each and the only difference I noticed was jergens works faster. And a tip: mix baby lotion with the self tanner so it is applied more smoothly

• 0|0
  • You look pretty you don't need it! D:

• jergens natural glow

• St. Tropez tanning moose looks pretty good :)

• link

This stuff is seriously amazing; my sister and I always use it during the winter and nobody would ever guess that we use self-tanner. Everyone thinks that my skin tone naturally looks like that, and then they're always surprised to hear that it actually doesn't! However, one thing I recommend doing is to mix your self-tanner with some type of moisturizer/lotion; this avoids streaking and also makes it appear more natural. Also, scrubbing your buddy with a rough sponge/gloves of some sort to remove the dead layers of skin helps too-the smoother the surface, the better. But yeah, overall, this is the best self-tanner that I've ever used.