Why Do You Wear Black?

This is apart of a 9-color-question, series. List every reason.

It is disturbingly intriguing. With red, you want attention but for black you want to blend in along with the other reasons. Next color is orange in the Style section this Monday. I suspect orange is going to be difficult.

Most Helpful Girl

• because it is a neutral color. which makes it an easy color to combine with other colors. also the practical, are not easily visible spots on black clothes. is also absorb heat, to me that freezes easily do make it so that I get warm.

• Like your answer, you mentioned the superficial reason as well as the practical reasons. *Clicks the thumbs up*

What Girls Said 23

• I love to wear black. But I pair it off with something else. All black may come off as to goth. Nothing wrong with goth if that's what your into. I think it's the most sliming of all colors. I also find black dresses elegant it's something every girl should have in her closet. You can take a simple black dress and wear it to work and then dress it up with some accessories and it's an evening dress.

• For performances.

To match with other colored pieces of clothing.

Just because it looks good sometimes.

...that's all I've got. haha.

• I see it a a protective color, and I'm described as 'goth' so I guess I think it's a cool color or some other none sense like that.

• It goes with pretty much any other color.

• I own mostly black clothes.

I wear it because I makes me feel pleasant.

• I think it suits me, & black is slimmering! Oh I hate the sun I'm a goth! ;)

• because it goes with EVERYTHING. and it makes my booty look bigger than it actually is..which is pretty awesome

• it goes with every other color, and it's a slimming color. I wear lots of black shirts and dresses, because black is known to make someone's figure look thinner. :)

• it suites my skin well and it goes with all other colors

• I don't really wear dark colors but when I do it's usually because I'm in a lazy/bad mood.

• Because I love being called the mystery woman.

• because I'm cool like that...

• Because it goes with everything, it is usually more flattering then lighter colors and it keeps overly preppy people away. (if I wear black I wear all black or black and grey)

• Its my favorite color to wear. It's pretty and elegant and awesome.

Love it goes with everything ( EXCEPT ANOTHER SHADE OF BLACK HAHHA VERY IMPORTANT! :) )

• Black goes with everything plus it makes me look great

• Because black goes with everything.

• Because I like it and it helps me blend in... Like a ninja :D

• Because its my fav color and its stylish and goes with everything :)

• becuase I feel like not being seen, or I just feel OK and I don't feel like color.

• It goes with almost anything and black can be a very sexy color. Honestly I like it because it's flattering.

• It goes with everything, it looks smart, its slimming and can look very elegant.

• You should be posting these all under one question. YOu do not need nine individual questions to ask about different colors. It looks an awful lot like XPer spamming to me.

• 90% of my wardrobe is black or has black in it. I just really like dressing in solid colors and black seems classy to me.

What Guys Said 5

• It goes with everything.

• True but *clicks thumbs up* what about grey?

• Grey also goes with just about everything. White, grey, and black pretty much can go with all other colors.

• Because dark colors make people appear taller.

• I like my dark blues, personally. But have a few black clothing pieces cause it's nice.

• Because I'm tall dark and handsome... =P

• i only wear black it slims you down