Does your guy still open/close doors for you?

Almost everywhere we go, my boyfriend always opens and closes the door for me. He doesn't open the car door for me though, only real doors like the doors at a store. Do you/your man do that?

Most Helpful Girl

• My guy friends open the doors for me. I'm single(OBVIOUSLY)

Chivalry isn't completely dead. There's still good guys out there :)

Chivalrous guys FTW!

What Guys Said 4

• il open a door for whoever is by me out of habit

• Is that a bad thing?

• Is what a bad thing?

• That your guy opens/closes doors for you?

• No I think its good. I think its awesome how he does that for me.

• I always opened doors for my ex. Car doors, restaurant doors, everything. Her new guy? Not so much. She even drives HIM around. Oh it sucks when you settle.. lol.

• he sure does

What Girls Said 10

• Always, if he gets to the door first. But I do the same if I'm the first to the door, lol. I just think it's common courtesy to hold the door for anyone behind you, guy or girl.

• Yea I think its really cute. When its two sets of doors though I end up reaching the second set before him so I open the door for him. also if I end up reaching the door first.

• My ex did when he could, usually I'd do it myself lol.

My brother in law always opens the door for women. If he's unlocking the front door, he will move back and open it for me/my sister. He doesn't even think about it. It's quite sweet :)

It doesn't really bother me either way. If you walk first, just hold the door open. Like you'd do for anyone really, not just women.

• Yeah, we both do as a courtesy thing for others. But we do it for each other and just other random people that happen to be going in the same place we are.

• Well men do that for me and I'll say thank you but I'm really thinking "You do know I have hands yeah? I am capable of opening a door..."

• and if they open it for guys too?

• But it isn't just a gender thing for some people

• It makes me feel weird. Especially when they run in front of you to open the door...it's awkward because I would have gotten there first.

• Yeah my imaginary boyfriend always treats me like a Lady...tehee

• Lmao maybe like 3 years ago he did oncce or twice

• My ex did that and he was a complete jerk. It could be fake chivalrous btw.

• Yes, always.

• he doesn't