What do men look for in women?

I was reading some comments from another question I answered and I was wondering - what do men look for in women?

Like women generally look for strength, stability, security - all that good stuff men have -

But what do guys ultimately look for in women?

Are their certain traits women have that make men want them?

Or is it just the idea of having this pretty person to sleep with?

What do men look for in women?

Most Helpful Guy

• youth and beauty catches the eye, a girl that is relatively calm I can't stand women when something goes wrong they panic like its the end of the world. I can't live with that. I like calm women. smart women, who can challenge me, call me on my sh*t but respectfully. a girl that wants kids. a girl that's willing to be a stay at home mom till the youngest is in school (if she makes more money then me then id stay home), and has a sexual past that I can accept(preferably non). that's about it really, she doenst have to like the hobbies I like that's what my friends are for, but if she's smart then I'm sure we will have plenty to talk about.

• Those are good standards - but what else can she offer you? What in a woman equates to the protection, security, and stability men naturally provide?

• Right - I have no idea who down voted you - but they can go to hell -

Anyway, yea, I just wanted to figure out what men generally want from girls besides obvious things. Us gals know what we want from guys generally, but there's no clear idea from the guys and what they want from chicks instead of the obvious sex factor.

One idea I took from you is that women provide support - that accurate?

• definitely, its a team effort

What Guys Said 8

• If I were to boil it down to the bare essentials, I'd say pretty and smart and a sharp wit. Also integrity helps.

• I look for females like you! Yeah I think males are wired to initially lok for beauty and sex...but do not ever think that we don't get around to looking for more...actually I spend a lot of time looking for what is NOT there...and the first two are uptight & high-strung..also selfish, self-centered, bitch & naggy...and lot more...but don't get me wrong...none of us is perfect...but personality match and sexual compatibility are very important if going to share a dwelling for more than a few weeks or months.. <3

• A women who is independent and faithful, would be my main two traits.

Independency in a women keeps the man chasing her for her attention which is what all men are subconciously attracted to; it's what keeps the interest level high. A women who is faithful.. well come on, duh lol.. we all want trust and security.

• yOu FoeRgOT teh ParRt wIt tEh bIG tIttieezzzzzzzzzzz

• Females hold more power than they think. Half of the reason why men do what they do is because of women. A man who's smart enough would treat a women more then just a piece of meat. She's the most important investment a man can make, she is what makes a man sane, motivated, and complete.

• Wow - I never thought men saw women that way - thanks for clearing that up

• you can talk to them and are fun to be around

• Lol I thought guys hated it when women talk :P guess because we do it too much? Too gossipy, etc -

• I'm pretty sure guys look for beauty, and a girl that's not obnoxiously stupid lol.

• Someone I can talk to. Someone that I can trust. Someone that can make me laugh. Someone that can be a good mother. Someone that I'm attracted to.

• honestly men look for sex only

• What do men look for or what do I look for? I don't think I can speak on behalf of me entire gender.

What Girls Said 6

• They are looking for a woman who is accepting, nurturing, supportive, strong yet vulnerable, decent yet naughty in private, kind, caring, loving, honest, intelligent and who can help him be a better man :)

• well a friend of mine recently told me that he likes me cause I'm strong, independent,smart and funny-which made me believe in men again,but then again,he considers himself asexual so,i guess you can't have it all,they either want to you for the vagina or the brain :I but in general,i think that for a relationship-they want beauty&brains+fun,for getting laid they want beauty+fun

• Beauty & health

They want a beautiful and/or attractive woman to pass on good genes to their offspring but also as arm candy

Health cause...who doesn't want a healthy partner that can pass on good genes to offspring and carry and birth the offspring to full term

• So men only want women for looks and sex / babies pretty much?

• Yep sounds about right to me. I've yet to meet a nice guy that didn't radiate one of those aspects - and I'm like, oh well now I get why your having such bad luck.

But naturally, people blame everything but themselves - especially men putting blame on the female side of things - instead of focusing on their own short comings.

It's pretty sad and so very annoying. Real men don't whine.

• Evangelina knows!

• A vagina that opens on command .

• Men just want a girl that makes them feel good about themselves.

• I think that varies ... every guy is different.

• Yea I know - I'm just talking in general. Like women are a lot to handle, and I've always wondered why men put up with us - like what's in us that they like so much?