How do I be a southern gentleman?

OK well I know most guys aren't a southern gentleman so I know that I would be one of the few so id be doing some things that a lot of guys wouldn't. what would I do to be a southern gentleman I'm keeping my same style in clothes I won't wear suspenders or the same clothes as one but I will do the things that they do but take my hat off to them. so what would I have to do to be like a southern gentleman?

Most Helpful Guy

• lol you don't have to wear the same clothes or wear suspenders...open doors smile be nice treat eveyone with respect not only women but women especially lol...if your trying to get a girl off of southern charm then you in luck because girls like it ummm yes mam yes sir, no sir no mam, that type of stuff and you should try to visit a small town there is a whole lot different vibe than city places I like it its a lot better than city life...

• oh and do stuff like open car doors it might seem stupid but girls really appreciate it...and did I say it never hurts to smile

• yea man I know that but I've never said that wouldn't people be curious to why I just started saying it randomly

• People you work with and things like that(especially your boss or superiors) will respect you for it...they might be curious but they will get over it and they might follow in your footsteps and start saying it too

What Girls Said 4

• It's more of an attitude than anything to do with clothes. Wear whatever you like, just have good manners, be respectful, etc.

• lol ik but what do I do I have good manners and I already respect

• Then I wouldn't worry about it too much, you're probably doing fine. =]

• -Be chivalrous(open/hold the door, offer to help with heavy things, offer your jacket etc)

-Be courteous

-Be respectful and treat women the way you'd want a guy to treat your mother or baby sister(if you have one)

It's less about how you dress and more about your behavior and attitude

• very true I open the door for her all the time I am respectful and I do let her wear my jacket if she's cold

• do you live in the south 1st off? I'm jw

• The last "southern gentleman" I met turned out to be a disrespecrul sleazy whore. And I called him on it. In short be a good decent guy. Respect women as your equal, have good manners. Like opening the doors. U'll rewrite the book :)

• oh I know I respec girls always

• i always open doors

• I read somewhere that this guy laid his coat on the muddy street so the lady could walk on it and not get shoes dirty! Now that's something .XD

What Guys Said 4

• Dress like Colonel Saunders and say "Sir, I say sir!" when starting any conversation. And throw in some "I do declare!"s for good measure. Be sure to host a few cotillions too.

• Well, I'm not southern, but I would consider myself a gentleman. Anyways, in my experience with dealing with southern men, I find them to be racist, sexist, arrogant, idiotic fools who are overly proud of their trailer.

I would say to be a gentleman, treat the girl with respect, give her respect, and be in touch with you emotions and her feelings.

• Move south and be gentle.

• i gruw up in northern florida the deep soulth use manners call all women by miss or mrs hold door for them pool chairs take there couts and be polite

sorry about my spelling I am a southern now in wisconsin

• no worries about the spelling. and I don't know about calling them miss