Do average looking people tend to have high standards?

Do you think the more average looking a person is, and is lacking in good looks, the more their standards become higher?

I know it doesn't really make sense at first, but when you think about it, it's almost like they are overcompensating for the fact that they were not born fortunate enough.

It seems like the more conventionally beautiful people seem to have no problem lowering their standards because they know they're still valuable...?

it seems as though average looking to below avg looking people are more racist... and the more cultured a person is, such as those living in big cities, like NYC, they seem be less racist?

Does anybody know what the hell I'm talking about, or have opposing thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm from New York City, and your extremely accurate, I do think most people are starting to put their standards a little bit higher then they should. Of course, each person is entitled to their preference and opinion, but sometimes some things are getting a bit out of control. In NYC, you can bum into people in a snap, So there is a lot of people to meet, many places to go to meet new people, see things, etc. Though , I heard some of my friends make some of the wildest and yet craziest guidelines into finding their partner.

Some of my guy friends will Never and I repeat, never date a girl that is chubby or a little bit overweight. I'm like wow,that pretty f***ing obnoxious and shallow to say. They said they will one night stand one, but never date one? Before I even continue, here is something 2 of my close female friends said about their demands. They want a guy who is slim, athletic, hot, and sweet. Then they are actually a bit overweight , So doesn't that sound a bit confusing? I don't know extremely attractive people, ( Probably 6 at most.) People is starting to set their standards a bit too high, its either out of pride or stupidity, probably both.

To wrap it up, They don't even talk about even connections/chemistry , they are straight up about looks and things that they must have or its not working out. Well maybe someone will come along and help pull these peoples heads out of their asses.

What Guys Said 7

• I think I have normal standards. The only things that I don't accept is smoking, drugs, excessive drinking, or overweight. I don't mind a girl with some curves or a little bit of baby fat, but I'm not attracted to her if she's seriously overweight.

A lot of girls have excessively high standards though, especially on dating sites. And most of these girls are not even that attractive! Like on plenty of fish, every girl expects to find a 6-foot tall athletic guy with rock-hard abs, a law degree, and an ultra-expensive sports car. I've even seen girls write in their profile that they're looking for a guy with a big d*ck who can satisfy them sexually. And then girls are shocked when they realize that guys only want to get head from them! It's like you reap what you sow.

• i think you're right I feel I have pretty average standards in a lot of ways

• I think you're totally right! I see it all the time. Personally, I try not to be too picky, since I'm only 5'5 and not muscular or anything.

• Yes I think this is completely true. For girls a little too?

• definitely for girls, the ones that are like average but super doll themselves up, it doesn't help lady it just makes you look like an average whore

• I agree with ya!

I feel I have normal standards. I like girls who take care their body. So not being overweight and clean face.

Don't really understand how it works but I see this alot. Sad thing is I find myself way more attractive and with lower standards then some my friends. Yet they all move from one perfect 10 to the next. I have a hard time just trying to find a girl.

• Man I hate pretty people.

• Yes!

What Girls Said 3

• I think unattractive people, in particular guys, tend to have ridiculously high standards

I'm average and have pretty decent standards. All I ask for is loyalty and respect. Obviously attraction has to be there but I'm not asking for a CK model, just simple attraction(in which case I'm told I have bad taste -_-)

• maybe they want what they can't have. I feel this is true. I'm good looking (not trying to be egotistical or arrogant) but the guys I've dated are average looking with things they can work on to better themselves. I definitely believe in the statement we want what we don't have. or sometimes, don't deserve. it's complicated.

• I have seen this many times before, I think because they are average or flawed in some areas, they tend to guy with a perfect look i.e. A girl with a crooked nose tends to want a guy with a straight nose - I have seen things like this many times.

• i know what you mean. I think I can relate.