When you're dressed up, how do you feel when people notice you?

When you put a little more effort into your appearance and people notice you and say so, how do you feel?

I know it will seem weird, but I was talking to a friend and we both feel awkward when people say things about our appearance when we are looking "good". For example, when people say "oh, you look good today" or "you're dressed up" it makes me feel awkward. I like dressing up because it makes me feel good about myself, but when people draw attention to it it makes me feel uncomfortable. I realize I am probably with the minority on that.

What about you?

EVERYBODY CONGRATULATE ME. I am now a "guru". =D

Most Helpful Guy

• People don't really say anything to me. I used to doll up every day, and it was only when I didn't that people commented.

'You're not doled up today, Jack.'

'NEVER NOTICE ME WHEN I AM THOUGH, DO YA, Y'CUNTZ'

But I agree with you, I do it for me, the compliments aren't a factor. It doesn't make me feel uncomfortable though, not at all.

What Guys Said 15

• well I tend to seem dressed up all the time and that's because of my preference in fashion.

I have wild hair and usually that's enough for people to look at me and judge me. I said it before, I'm from NYC, so not many people treated me or looked at me differently. When I came out to the suburbs of New jersey, Everyone was looking at me like I was walking around in a gold outfit. I even had people scream from their cars "Nice hair!" Or have people in stores pull me to the side and said " are you into anime cosplay or something?" ( I'm not lol).

I mean it has its ups and downs, I never really paid much attention to people who gave me attention or not, but now when I'm out here, I kind of feel a little outcast. Some people like it, while others hate it. Especially other guys, they feel uneasy by me for some reason. =/ its a love and hate thing I suppose.

• I agree with "the friend", as soon as attention is brought to me I start to feel a little awkward about it.

• What a coincidink

• Hahaha where I'm rocking my hat like a trucker cap?...you're welcome ;)

• Mhmm. Makes me wonder what happened to you. I could just squish your little face there

• I don't really do it to impress people. I do it because I want to do it. If they want to make a comment that's fine. But I've been looked at like I have two heads when I am the proverbial 'Sharp Dressed Man'. And and congrats.

• I feel really weird I'm like O.O you know my name and your complimenting me did I win the lottery or something?

• I wonder if they are thinking I am trying to sell them something as perhaps I look like one of those annoying door to door salesmen?

• I love it when I put on my suit and I see all the girls looking at me. It's definitely true that girls tend to notice a guy in a suit.

• I dress up all the time as well even when its just a bunch of dudes hanging out in my friends basement.

My friends all tease me about it and ask why do I get dressed up but I reply with "I like dressing up and don't feel comfortable leaving the house in sweats"

It's also great because this one time, I went to mall dressed up and a lot of girls were staring at me. This doesn't happen to me often so it was good feeling =)

I love dressing up. I'd love to have a job where I dress up everyday

• congratz almighty guru torhmen. The only time iv really dressed up at school was when id to give speeches. I can't take a compliment very well so ya I feel awkward

• compliments are great, it only feels awkward if a creepy stranger says it. by the way congrats on guru! now I know there is one more expert to turn to.

• It seems like nobody ever notices me. Well I never see people really look my way. :\

• your profile picture is so epic! :)

• Pshh. My turtle can bite right through your turtle. Your turtle will be getting OWNEDDD

• The only thing your turtle would bite through is my turtle's daggers.

• I feel terrible. Some people mock me because I'm so short.

I'd rather be invisible.

• I feel good, and I reply by saying thank you.

• for me it makes me think I don't "look good everyday"..i mean why should I have to "dress up" just to "look good" it doesn't make sense to me

• I feel awkward as sh*t ill be honest lol. I just want the attention focused elsewhere. I usually blush and stuff it's embarrassing. :-\

• CONGRATS

What Girls Said 13

• I like being complimented on my look or outfit without it being a dress-up day. Gives me hope that maybe trying too hard is exaggerated. When we go out though, my friends and I do get into the mood of playing dress-up and it's fun, because it's like stepping into a different character.

• congrats! I tend to feel awkward if people are noticing me more. Just my first reaction. I also don't like a lot of attention on me, makes me feel like uncomfortable.

• First of all, I love your profile picture.

and second of all, it makes me feel more confident when people compliment me. :)

• Thanks :) Yeah, I would think that this is the normal response. +1 :)

• Congrats on becoming Guru!

I feel very awkward when people tell me I may be "beautiful" and the word "sexy" makes me cringe. I have no idea why. Maybe it is a confidence issue. I don't know, but I've always been a tomboy, so it could definitely be a contributing factor as to why I am not comfortable with my femininity. :\

• Hard to believe but I dress up every where I go.. I'm not taking about full out formal dresses or anything but something that looks like I've put time into. I usually do my hair, makeup and add some accessories, It gives me confidence. I love when people acknowledge I look nice too. (: I don't think a compliment would ever make me feel awkward or uncomfortable.. but the opposite.

• I feel the same way, sometimes.

I look the same everyday but when someone compliment me on that one specific day. It makes me think "Was I ugly yesterday?". Or I notice the person is also dressed up and wants a compliment in return? I usually don't compliment anyone unless I mean it.

• I feel awkward but at the same time good.

• Same as you ha ha >___<

• Top Notch.

• I don't care anymore. Human beings suck and most of them aren't worth impressing.

• I Feel 'noticed'

And Congrats.

• I feel like hot sh*t. lol

And congrats! :D

• I like it but I can see how it makes some people uncomfortable... :)