What's up with young girls wearing things so short they show off their butt cheeks?

Can someone please enlighten me as to why girls do this? I see so many girls doing this, no matter what their body type is. Personally I don't think this is flattering on any girl and it just looks uncomfortable, this wouldn't normally bother me but it is how girls my age seem to dress and give others my age bad stereotypes.

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel you and I personally don't like that kind of stuff, they are just seeking attention from guys and that's one way they do it, I personally wouldn't want to be with a girl like that, just makes a girl look unattractive to me. I like a girl who isn't trying to show off or get noticed by wearing that kind of stuff. But anyways not every girl is the same, just let them do what they want, not like we can change anything about it, just something that's in style.

What Guys Said 7

• Why can't we all just be naked?

• I know that it's difficult for women to find things that aren't short or low cut. I remember I went shopping with my fiance one day and she wanted to buy a short skirt and every single one she found pretty much showed off her butt- even though she's skinny and looked good in it, she was annoyed with the fact that she couldn't find anything that didn't look like it was out of a p*rno.

• cause their parents allow them to

• Don't know but my daughter's not wearing that for a LONG time. Turned 11 today.

But I guess I also don't notice. I'm not into young girls. I'm an old duffer now.

• I've never seen that.

• Girls show off their bodies for the same reason me buy nice cars and big houses. Its all about flaunting your assests. Its the same thing as when a peacock shows its feathers. After all we are animals too.

• I don't see anything wrong with it at all. And neither do the clothing manufacturers, the problem is you're way too uptight.

Bad stereotype? About 40yrs ago is was "bad" for a girl to wear something above the belly button...

Looks like times are changing and you're getting left behind lol

• I'm talking about wearing that kind of stuff just to do the supermarket shopping at midday, at a club it's expected.

• @anon you see nothing wrong with bare butts hanging out?

• @ sephora

No I don't, but then again I love girls so you're asking the wrong person if you want a fair opinion :)

What Girls Said 6

• I'm not so sure about the butt cheeks bit, but a lot of girls my age wear short clothes. (My age on my profile is incorrect btw). Its probably for sex appeal, so that the opposite gender would view them as sexy or hot. As for the supermarkets, it may be because the girl wants attention, or simply because they feel like it . Some may do it in case their crush was grocery shopping too, and they therefore want to look their best in any situation.

Girls do not dress or guys all the time though. They might just be feeling competitive in front of other females and want to look better than their competition.

• I understand with short things and about dressing for the attention or themselves etc.. because I do it too I just don't understand why girls my age feel the need to show their ass cheeks it's just blech

• yeah. I agree hahah. :P luckily, I haven't seen one girl dress with her butt cheeks showing.

• Fortunately I haven't seen girls like this. But they're probably just doing it for attention and are mislead like most young girls.

• I heard about this but never seem it, maybe because I never Been outside my coutry in the summer... I would say its to call guys attention, If You were something like that where I live everyone will assume You are a hooker and will treat You like one...

I don't get it, maybe guys aren't reacting when they don't show their goods...

• i once saw a girl whose underwear was longer than her shorts ._.

• Guys like girls in short clothing and girls know this so they use it to their advantage

• I don't think it looks sexy. It leaves nothing for imagination. They either dress to impress or they just feel good about themselves like that.