Beauty, can it be defined?

After a lot of research I came to agree, Beauty means healthy. A beautiful person is also the most healthiest. For example most above average looking people have these qualities other then the facial symmetry differences, a healthy skin, healthy lips (juicy), thick hair, thick eyebrows, thick/long eyelashes, nice looking eyes(no dark circles, bedroomy(good sleep), no excess skin over the eyes nor bellow), no puffy eyes), even skin and even skin tone, and a healthy/nice looking face(enough meat on the face). Toned body also means a healthy person which means an attractive person.

Most people that have asymmetrical faces are the ones with bad thee(jaw doesn't sit properly which causes unappealing face) also a person with an asymmetrical face most likely has had some kind of disease or a health problem when they were younger.

I could go on with describing every single little detail, it would take me a long time tho.

This is also the reason why all beautiful people don't look a like. Some people are born healthy and others haven't(have to work for it)

A great example is my older brother/cousin they are more attractive then my little brother. And the funny thing is my little brother gets sick more often then older brother and cousin.

Do you agree with my theory? If not why? Please explain :)

thank you!

Most Helpful Girl

• Yea it can be defind...just look up suziee perezz...and my picture will show up...lol

What Girls Said 12

• To me - beauty has nothing at all to do with how healthy you are, how symmetrical you are or anything like that.

Beautiful and attractive are not the same thing - at all - at least they're not to me, but I might just be looking at things through an artist's eye. The way I see it, you proportions can be perfect, you skin flawless, eyes bright, a perfect smile etc, etc, etc, and still be completely 'normal' looking. Hot as hell? probably - but I wouldn't call them beautiful.

Beauty to me is entirely about presence and presentation and representation - you can be the hottest person with all the best attributes, but have zero presence, and you have zero beauty. To me beauty is a goofy smile with a couple of wonky teeth maybe - but full, honest, and integral meaning behind it.

• I disagree. I'm not most of those thing, e.g my hair is not thick, I'm pasty white, dark rings under my eyes, I don't have thick lips and a lot of people still think I look pretty, despite the fact that I sound ugly as hell after reading that back lol. Personally I think when we're growing up, we are influenced by things we see and the people around us, I think we get out idea of beauty from that, which is why everyone's idea is different. I don't think there can be a specific measurement on it because of the fact that everyone will have different upbringings and influences which affect their idea of 'beauty'.

• You don't sound ugly at all, you're stating the obvious. I wish I still had the link of kids 2-3 ages picking out the attractive faces of models. At that age a kid could not be influenced by the surrounding crowd on what 'beauty' is. We were born with instects of what we are attracted to.

The things I listed above are only some of the example there is more I just didn't have the patients to write it :). There is a lot more.

• I just looked at your pic then and most of that is un-true, exept for the white skin. Not that there's anything wrong with that haha.. And you do look quite cute though.

• beauty-n., pl., -ties.

The quality that gives pleasure to the mind or senses and is associated with such properties as harmony of form or color, excellence of artistry, truthfulness, and originality.

One that is beautiful, especially a beautiful woman.

A quality or feature that is most effective, gratifying, or telling: The beauty of the venture is that we stand to lose nothing.

An outstanding or conspicuous example: "Hammett's gun went off. The shot was a beauty, just slightly behind the eyes" (Lillian Hellman).

• I don't necessarily agree. A teenager who has acne is not less healthy and since it is biologically the right time to reproduce (or be attracted to reproduce) then that shouldn't matter what their skin looks like because it does not refect their level of health. Also, people with juicier lips do not seem healthier than those with thin lips. I think beauty is a different definition to each person. We grow up in enviroments that influence the belief. In China they used to think that foot-binding was they way to beatiful feet. Or Africa they used to streach their necks to achieve what was thought as beautiful. Neither of these practices made someone "healthier". I do agree about the toned body though, it does both look healtier and is desirable look-wise.

• There is something right to your theory I agree...

Thats why we tend to be attracted to Good looking people to have healthier kids...

However I do know 2 extremely Good looking people a girl and a boy, a boy I had a crush because of his Good looks, they Both have serious mental heatlh problems so I guess its not such An adquate theory...

There is a Study about criminals and many are extremely ugly with deformed faces, maybe its because they are so angry to people reaction I don't know...

Beauty standards hás changed over the years specially about woman body, today what's consider pretty isn't health check Miss Usa in a bikini That's not health

• thick hair, thick eyebrows and long eyelashes depend on your genes. It doesn't make you unhealthy if you don't have thick hair/eyebrows, or long eyelashes. Maybe if your hair were shiny, it would be a sign of health. (:

• Well I guess, but I don't agree about the lips (some peoples are just thin) or the eyebrows (no body likes a bush monster or the hair (that's genetics) but I have to agree that most of those things do make a person SEEM more attractive and healthier.

• For the most part beautiful is symmetrical facial features, healthy skin, hair and nails, a proportional, healthy, in shape body.

But, being unattractive doesn't make one "less healthy" or unhealthy.

• I think that different people have different perceptions of what is "beautiful". Different societies also have their own ideals.

I don't think that most people believe healthy people are beautiful. I think beautiful people are healthy.

• Isn't that just survival of the fittest? As for beauty I think there is the stereotypical beauty ie. healthy looking with a nice face but a beautiful person cannot be defiened broadly.

• That is the facial symmetry that you are talking about. The facial symmetries Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Most people think Angelina Jolie is beatifull but I disagree she is good looking but not beautiful for me.

• if you're still on this - please message me, very interested in discussing

• You mean beauty from the outside? I agree with that but we are growing old and it will not stay but the true beauty is how we appreciate someone with sincerity. But the combination of the two are rare.

What Guys Said 6

• Yes, generally, health is required. Not always, though, sometimes sick people's beauty is just geightened because you can see how good they would look, were they healthy.

• Beauty: Big t*ts, nices ass small waste and a f***able vagina

• Whatever beautiy is, it sure ain't me.

• No.

A sunset is beautiful.

Is the sunset healthy?

• I don't find that beatifull. So, I disagree

• Well society tries to dictate what's beautiful but I've never been one for the mainstream.

• I believe society dictates on how to find a healthy person to mate with. By judging their physical attributes

• Yes in a dictionary