Is 5"8' for a girl too tall?

So when I walk down the street, I see women who are much shorter than me. I think they're cute. However, I, on the other hand feel like a giant. But I want your opinions too. Am I too tall?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that's like the perfect height for a girl :)

I'm 5'10". I feel like a giraffe sometimes, but at least I can reach the top cupboards.

What Guys Said 16

• 5'8" really isn't tall at all IMO. You're still shorter than most guys (in the US anyway). But personally I don't think there's such a thing as "too tall."

• No, some guys like girls who are taller.

The top models can typically start at 6'0"

It's especially appealing to guys who like long legs, or to guys who are themselves very tall.

I remember how disappointed I was when I found out Xena wasn't Amazon tall, they just hired lots of short actors on the show to make her stand out more.

• I consider that in the average range. It still fits under my chin.

• short girls want to be tall and tall girls want to be short. I see this all the time. One isn't better then the other. No your not to tall stop worrying. If I guy won't date you because your too tall then you don't wanna be with him anyways

• 5'8" is not even tall. Tall-ish starts at 6 feet.

• I prefer girls who are 5'6-5'10. But I am 6'4 :/. Tall girls are usually sexier because of their longer legs

• You'd be taller than any girl I've ever gone out with, but not too tall. I'm 5'11, so my personal preference is shorter than that but there's nothing wrong with being a tall girl

• Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• You are taller than most women but you are not extremely tall. You have a great height and a lot of inspiring models would love to have your height. I think taller women are so so sexy!

• i sized up a 6'5" hottie today in fact. I can jump and hold my drink at the same time my friend.

• If you feel you are proportional and you feel good about yourself, then don't worry. Of course shorter girls will look shorter. Apart from that, it will all come to personal preferences of others and there will always be girls who find you cute and guys who find you hot or attractive.

• No you are not too tall, 5 8 is fine :)

• Nah that's fine. I'm 5'8" too so I don't know if that's considered short for a guy? lol :P

• i actually prefer your height because I like girls who taller than me (only when wearing heels) I'm 5'8"

• No not at all they still short to me because I'm taller than most girls I'm 6'2 I love long legs that make me go crazy that plus for taller girls ;)

• For me it is. I don't like the same height or taller.

What Girls Said 7

• Nah. Taller than average, sure, but not super tall. My mom is 5'10", SHE'S tall for a woman, lol. I know what you mean though. I'm only 5'6", which is still slightly above average height for women in America, but I sometimes still feel too tall when I'm surrounded by little petite girls that seem to be universally attractive, haha.

• Somehow I get the impression that even surrounded by those girls you tend to... stick out, for some reason. Can't quite put my finger on what it is, though.

• How dare you! =O hahah.

• LOL you think that's bad? Try 6'2 :) guys love my long legs so that's a plus, but I know how you feel

• No. You know how many short girls would love to be that height?

My sis is 5'10"-11" She rocks it. I tend to forget how much taller she is than me (I'm 5'4" and our youngest sis is 5'2") Height is one of those things I don't notice after 10s of someones personality.

• No, It's a perfect height! You want to trade?!?!?! I am 5'5 =D

• that's not super tall for a girl. the average height for a woman is 5'7. you're an inch above the average height.lol. but me, I'm 5'9.5 - 5'10. I hate it. and I could grow to 6 feet!:(

my mom is 5'10 and my dad is 6'3.

when I walk downtown, everyone is like, 5'0-5'6. I feel like such a giant. everyone always looks at me. I feel like I'm a freak. and I feel different. and in this case, I don't like being different.

you have a good height, I wish I was only 5'8.

• Tall girls are GORGEOUS and so are short girls. Just stride with confidence darling.

• No its not. I'm 5'8 too and I wish I was taller. And all the little girls admire us :D so don't worry