Opinions on Wayfarer clear glasses?

I want to update my prescription pair of glasses to these link

And I will wear them everyday...my point is...do they look to huge or big? Are they still cool? (That isn't me in that picture it is a girl from google)

I don't want to look silly in them...Or have people wonder if I am dressing up as a nerd.

Most Helpful Guy

• i don't think they would suit your face to be honest, but I would have to see to be sure.

What Guys Said 5

• do they have any that are a little smaller?

• Yeah...but they are really small...not wayfarer type...plus I have a fat face so...i really don't know.

• ahhhhhhh, our minds are melding into one.

• LMAO.

Eric's mind+Funk= ********@'s mind.

• She has nice lips. Anyways back to the point, I think they're a little too big for anybody. Only a few certain few can pull them off.

• Lips are not part of the question lol.

Do you think she pulls them off?

• Ok, maybe I may not be able to pull them off.

I am starting to doubt.

• I'm just saying they're hard to pull off I can only think of like two or three people who can pull them off and it's Lebron, Little Wayne, and Dwayne Wade. Haha

• They are a bit big. Since they are thick frames they do tend to look nerdy. If you had a possible thin wired frames it would look better. But that depends on your prescription. I have really bad eyes and they informed me that my "coke bottle glasses" wouldn't fit on thin frames. Needless to say I wear contacts now. But anyone wanting to look into the future should contact me. I have my old glasses somewhere...

• You just have to try them on for yourself.

• I did..I sort of think they look cool. But the only person that seen me with them is my mother... -_-

And she always says everything looks sh*tty on me. So, I don't know if it is a good idea or not..I am bought to pay 50 dollars of (jobless) cash for something I don't know if I can tolerate. But, I like them. I will get fake ones..and post a photo eventually.

• Try other models as well. If you think you look good then go for it.

IMO, those frames look nice on just about anyone.

• Well, OK then.

• They are too big for that girl, I like them though. Some websites have a feature that allows you to upload your pic and "try" them on.

• LOL. that is how big I wanted them to be...but I keep getting a feeling it might look stupid.

• it's probably okay for once in a while, but the people that see you all the time are gonna wonder what you were thinking if you wear glasses that are that big all the time, but if you like the way you look in them then I think you should go for it, I've contemplated getting some similar but smaller and more square but I like my contacts 90% of the time

What Girls Said 5

• That's what I did for my glasses all last year, prescription fakes also haha. This is what they looked like on me.

link

I'm on the right.

link

I eventually downgraded to smaller glasses because I thought they were a little overwhelming for everyday and now they just don't seem right so I never wear them. I loved them for the 6 months or so I did wear them.

• And also if you don't want to waste a lot of money and then find they don't look good on you do what I did. I ordered mine off of ebay (ha) and then took them to my eye doctor and they put the lenses in for me. So I knew what they looked like beforehand and only spent $15. It sounds like that's what you're going to do anyway but you still sounds hesitant so just in case that wasn't what you were thinking..

• oh, OK you just gave me an idea lol...maybe I don't have to buy glasses... :D

Anyway..You look cute in your glasses.. it looks so fun! ...well I understand the overwhelming part because..that is why I have some doubts.

• I think you would regret spending your money on something that has about a one year lifespan left on the trendy watch. I think they scream "LOOK HOW INDIE AND COOL I AM!1", I say go a little more subtle.

• They won't be that expensive...i am not worried about that.

I have to get new glasses every 6 months anyway...

• Did you know that the lens will refract light, therefore distorting the edge of your face. Depending on the thickness of your lens the more light it will refract as it gets thicker. I tried a pair of real rayband wayfers, the normal glass looked awesome for my face. But when they put the lens it it distorted my face and I hardly wear them out now. If you google some celebrities wearing them you can see what I mean when light is refracted on your face.

• I have a pair of Raybans thick frames (like that but smaller), I've honestly seen so many people wearing glasses like that and I LOVE them - it's different and I haven't seen anyone that didn't look great wearing those.

If you like them get them.

• Ok, I just worry at times. It will be an everyday thing...so, yeah.

I like your new profile pic by the way. It looks so high quality and flawless. :D

• Yea I know, it's so hard to pick out glasses..

and thankyou. (:

• I don't know what you look like but they suit a lot of people.

Do it!