How pretty should a girl have to be in order to be allowed to go without makeup?

without being gawked at rudely, or asked "why didn't you wear makeup?: or told.asked other stupid/mean things?does a girl have to be very attractive to go without makeup to avoid harassment? every time my best friend "jess" and I have bummed it and have been too lazy and go without, we get asked "why" by our buddies, and get rude looks and we get very insecure =(. one day we went to the mall and we were walking by one of those stand alone kiosks and this russian man stopped us and said do you "wear makeup? I have a wonderful product for you if you do! this is great for girls with horrible skin! itll make you pretty" I started crying like a wuss =( lol. I've even gone out once before with my boyfriend because I didn't have time to put on makeup and I was with my boyfriend and a guy THOUGHT I had on makeup, and told me "you shouldn't buy that brand anymore, it looks bad on you". my boyfriend put him in his place kindly lol. I feel like people don't want to see me without makeup. it hurts so much and I don't know what to do. everyone says how natural is better but maybe they are talking about everyone but me? =( I'm tired of spending so long getting ready just so I won't get make fun of...why are people so darn rude? girls have you ever had incidents like this before?

now the main question, how pretty should a girl have to be in order to be allowed to go without makeup?

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends completely on your skin.

There are girls I know with perfect skin and just come into college without makeup on and it's no big deal, but I've had absolutely awful acne that covers my entire face since I was 9 years old and my face is really scarred from it. I mainly get it around my mouth so if I don't put makeup on sometimes from a distance it just looks like I've got food around my mouth.. that's why I can't go out without makeup, because I get questions from ignorant people like 'do you have bad skin because you don't wash?' etc.

If you have good skin, then you probably don't need to wear makeup at all. Don't if you don't need to, but people like me have to

If you have the choice then don't, and I hope you feel comfortable enough not to wear it

What Guys Said 5

• Pretty isn't the question. If you have nice skin, then you are OK.

• I have never once asked myself or any girl why didn't she wear makeup. People who ask you that or themselves that are a**holes. I'm going to say what the guys down there said and if you have pretty skin then you shouldn't have to wear makeup.

• I think it has nothing to do with being pretty. If you have good skin, you don't need makeup

• "allowed" lol

• This is quite the elaborate and thorough question. All designed to get people (guys) to look at your profile and say how pretty you look.

• cool story bro

• ino seriosly grlfriend

What Girls Said 11

• -everybody looks better with some (properly applied) makeup.

-and as to why people ''gawk'' at you-girls your age usually wear makeup and people are used to girls your age looking a certain way,a ''flaw'' covered way.

-to look good without makeup most girls need:good skin,nice hair,groomed brows and long lashes

• I don't wear make up and my skin isn't the best. I still get break outs from time to time, but I'm okay with my face. In high school I was picked on because of it, but that's people and their insecurities trying to give me insecurities. I think it's all about confidence not how pretty the person is. Don't let it get you down.

• Lol well being pretty has nothing to do with it, I personally think wearing make up makes some girls look less attractive over time. If you feel like you need it then go for it.

• Only ever wear make-up for you, that guys a jerk he is just trying to sell products typical salesman, be confident and smile. Sure a little mascara, blush, concealer, and lip gloss can make you look more evolutionary attractive but don't think for one second that your not up to the standards of beauty without makeup!

• I go out without make up fairly often. I wear it to work or when I go out but otherwise I don't put it on. I don't need to put on make up to run errands or visiting a friend and we're not going out anywhere, and even if we do wind up going out it's not the end of the world. And no one's ever harassed me for not wearing make up...I've also never heard of anyone being harassed for not wearing make up (I have heard some nasty comments about wearing too much make up though)

• Everyone is allowed to not wear make Up...

I think every girl looks better with make Up ...

I started to wearing it when I was about 20 younger than that I don't think You need it...

If You have great skin, long eyelashes than You might look pretty great without make Up

If your skin isn't flawless and your eyelashes aren't that noticeble than wear make Up simple as that, check celebraties they look so tired without make Up and some even look ugly...

• "allowed" link

• Wow, I just about always wear make up when I can. And when I don't, I feel as if every person looks at me and thinks ''Why didn't she put make up on ?'' No one's ever come up to me and asked why didn't I, or that I look bad without it. Even though no one's ever said that I look ugly without it, I still feel the need to wear it when I can. I just feel 'fully dressed' with make up on.

• And to answer your question, I agree with Wtfgirl ''I think it's all about confidence not how pretty the person is. Don't let it get you down.''

• Don't be ridiculous.

• its just a question, I'm not being ridiculous. people have actually said these things to me.

• It has nothing to do with how attractive she is...

Some girls look good/ better without makeup and some dont.

• When she feels good about herself without makeup.