If I never get my hair cut again, is it possible I will never go bald on top?

the person is a 20 year old male with a receiding front hairline . his father at 53 has hair on his head but his fthers brother who is 50 is bald all on top.

Its possible to never be bald if he never gets his hair cut again

Most Helpful Girl

• I have heard that it is maternally inherited so he should be looking at the men on his mother's side. And hair loss is not due to cutting the hair or not it has to do with testosterone being broken down into a by-product that causes the follicles to produce less hair, thinner hair and for follicles to fall out more easily.

I think there are some products developed to help called Rogain and such. I have no idea if they really work though.

What Girls Said 1

• nope, your hair is just going to fall out slowly

What Guys Said 3

• hair falls out because of the follicles' sensitivity to male hormones, ie nothing to do with hair cuts, health, diet or other myths. It's almost entirely genetic.

• Possible yes because what you have will cover any bald spots that show up.

At least it will for the time being. You may go totally bald then you're S.O.L.

• I know a 30 year old guy who's been bald for five years already.