Black girls and white guys?

Why is the idea so threatening? You really do not see a lot of black female/white male relationships in television, movies, or even in literature. I'm just curious as to why.

also, there's this whole 'white guys can't satisfy black girls' stereotype - this is mostly directed at the sexual aspect of a black girl/white guy relationship.

has anyone on here ever been in this relationship? has anyone ever wanted to but hesitated or just plain hate the idea? please share your thoughts!

I see a lot of black people saying their parents said this or that, are there any other races who grew up with that influence or warning? I'm a black woman btw, so I'm curious to see if I'm the only one getting preached to, haha.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey, I'm from England and would like to say americans think like americans, and people seem to forget that. You may talk English but our poeple think differently and see the world differently. We want different things out of life, were just different people. In america you have probems that are yours, not the worlds. Racism is everywhere ( black and white ) but not like U.S, and not every white man is a racist has is not every black man/women. An american white man is different to a white man from anywhere eles. I love black girls/women your just so beautiful and that's my personal preference and what I'm attarcted too, always has been and always will be. But I would say every time you hear someone on t.v talking about colur and putting anyone down its a black man, even putting down a black women or a white man. Its way to easy to be able to say a white man is a racist, thw white man is a easy target. And one of the girls on this question said her dad told her not to go with a white man, I know ALOT of black girls that have been told this from very young and put in there heads and even been told there family would't want them ( now that's racism ). And also white women are not scared to get want makes them happy, if that's a black man that's a black man. But if a black women likes white men its not about making her happy, it's about her family and friends and anyone but her and what she wants, black female's need to start going for what makes them happy if that's a white man then its a white man and not what people they know want. And when it comes to beening scared of asking a black women out, all it takes is a smile to let us know your willing lol and if the guys into it to he'll move to you. Black girls don't smile has much, a white girl will smile at a black guy if she likes him or the way he looks and like I said all it take's is a smile. You have beautiful LIPS use them ! Black women together with White men is a beautiful thing to see ! Hope I helped !

• Aw how sweet..

• So very well said, I had a bo yfriend from england and he loved everything about my race and colour and also loved me past it! :)

• Not ALL the great guys are there. You may just not know where to look.

What Guys Said 20

• A girl is a girl is a girl...

I don't understand why some people get hung up on such stuff.

Fear is in the mind, if a guy can't talk to a girl because of her race then he isn't much of a man is he?

And I still don't understand why some guys have trouble looking deeper than skin.

There are attractive/pretty/beautiful girls in every race thinkable... why limit yourself?

I personally don't see skin color, I see likes and dislikes.

Since we're talking superficial attributes I'll throw in an example.

i.e., if you've got an ugly nose, it's ugly. period. Just like there are ugly noses in white people, there are ugly noses in black, hispanic, asian, etc. An ugly nose is an ugly nose in any race.

Why be a hypocrite blame ugly noses on ONLY one race?

I'm sorry but I just don't understand racism, prejudice, and social pressure.

It's just not me.

Could be because I prefer actually getting to know a person and consider them based on their character.

It's already hard enough trying to filter out crappy personalities without having to add race distinction to the equation.

And no, physical aspects are not enough.

• God forbid we all decide to get to know someone based on something other than race. Lol. I totally agree with you

• I've seriously dated three black women,a model and two lawyers. I loved dating them over the white or Hispanic gals because they worked on the relationship and even told me how much they respected my gentlemanly conduct. I'm part of a discussion group on another blog and the black women say they have been taught since child hood to only date black men. Also the whitemen sometimes are intimidated by black women so they don't ask them out. I personally don't have to worry about the intimidation factor because the only women I will date find that attitude disguting. I do think a lot of white men see black women as undatable because they often tend to offend other people because of their verbage and attire and seeming lack of certain social graces. The women I dated came from good families with well developed vocabularies and dressed very professionally and conducted themselves like ladies. Like Dr.King I too have a dream that someday colour of skin won't matter at all, only character will be the factor. Check out lovin my sistas.

• I'm a white guy, but I would never even consider dating a woman who isn't black. This is just my preference, though I couldn't for the life of me, detail the reasoning behind it. It's not something I've reasoned out. I just happened to date a black woman for the first time, 10 years ago, and it just seemed to feel perfectly right. Since then, I've often said, "God made black women first, and made the rest outta what was left over". Just my opinion.

• Lol. I am from southern california have always just been attracted to white guys. You can help who you are attracted to. Everyone has a physical preference. Who acres, right?

• Amen. Each to their own. By the way, you do your screen name justice. Would that I were 30 years younger and unattached. ; - )

• I'd say your not cause I've had a couple of black g/f's and they had to Hide even when talking to me on the phone when ever I called. It was kinda lame. It was kinda like I was back in hs again. IT was fun at first, then got kinda old fast.

The sexual part, is why a lot of them I don't think do it. One of my no longer girls that I used to talk to even said, that her family was making comments like a white male can't satisfy a black women etc. So she was concerned, and it ruined our realationship or the possibiblity therof. I think sexual reasons has a lot to do with it. That and being preached to at a very young age.

Also I rarely find black women seeking me out? I often see white women seeking me out but never a black women. Maybe if more black women did I'd be dating a black women. Not that I'm dating anyhow. I'm single as they get. All I'm trying to say is, I never see a black women make a first move unlike a white women, they are I think scared that I'm gonna trip out cause there black, and that's not at all the case, infact I'd be happy :). I love black women :).

• I can tell you now that as a black woman, I don't think white guys are interested because they don't like our bodies (black women tend to be thicker and have fuller lips, wider noses, etc) and because they're too scared to try anything because their families/friends won't approve. I automatically get self-conscious if a white guy likes me because I feel like there will be a lot of negativity coming from both white and black sides. :/

• You kinda contradicted yourself there. you say black girls can't do anything about their physical attributes because that's how she was born, but then you ask that she straighten her "nappy" hair. she was born with kinkier hair too, so if she's going natural, that's what you're gonna get. some black women prefer to stay natural and look good doing it. and she won't have her hair on point 24/7 either. she'll have a bad hair day or bad hair week. she can't help that.

• And what's wrong with hoops/jordans? I see black/white/hispanic/asian/middle eastern, etc women wearing them. is it just black women who can't wear that? I like high top sneaks and hoops too. I can wear studs and heels when I want too, but my style changes like any other girl. I'm just curious as to why you said this, I don't want to argue with you in anyway, haha. black women are culturally different, so they'll go against what's within white culture. you shouldn't take it as a bad thing :)

• i think black women are beautiful, I'm white, are socieity just needs more interracial cupples for poeple to get used to it.

• Im a white male and I'm currently seeing a black girl. We get along great and so far we've had no problems. If two people get along, then it doesn't matter the color or race. And I have had no trouble "satisfying" her. Just the opposite in fact. She claims I'm the most satisfying she's had.

• Kudos to you! I'm glad to hear. did you have an hesitation when approaching her (or her approaching you?)

• Not really, there was some hesitation but not because of race. She's 8 years younger than me. That was the only thing that made me pause.

• Because society is racist...

Of course its fine if a black guy dates a white girl... but its not cool for the opposite... Yeah whatever. Stick to your own race, or allow both.

• I disagree! Society is not racist, individuals are racist, and others are just afraid to stand up for the things that they believe in. Race is an issue because not enough people make the decision to think for themselves. Conformity and ignorance is a curse, and it breed more ignorance.

• Reply to jaron91: I know exactly what you mean! I know this black guy that has never been with a black girl and I was like I want a white guy and he was like "why? isn't that self hatred?" like what!?! I don't understand it. It's like you want us or you dont, but don't have us waiting for you

• Amen softballgirl. I hate that double standard sh*t. I mean, I'm not gonna say that a black guy with a white girl don't get any crap, but it is easier for the black male to 'ski the slopes' then it is for a black girl.

• i dated a very sexy black girls once. actually was one of my most serious and longest relationships.

but it sucked sometimes because her parents hated me (they always said why don't you date a black boy). my white dad and half white half indonesian mom raised me to love everyone. so they loved her!

also id take her to the mall (the ghetto one was always closer lol) and we just hold hands or cuddle on the benches... and EVERY black guy would always glare at me, try to challenge me, and say sh*t like "why is a fine ass girl like you do with this fro-ed white boy?"

i seriously thought I was going to get my ass kicked a few times.

also now I'm talking to another chocolate cutie and her mom hates me! god damn it!

oh I never worried about this but I'm sure some other races do... but I'm sure if he knows you dated a black guy b4 he might worry that he's not "big" enough which is bullsh*t!

F*** YOUR STEREOTYPES! BLACK GUYS AREN'T THE BIGGEST! ITS DEPENDS ON THE INDIVIDUAL NOT THE RACE YOU BITCH!

a

• black people are very rasist. iv dated black girls before and the looks I got of black men was unreal. as if they have the right when there datin white girls the whole time.even if they are fat ugly which they usualy r. black girls are very beautiful and have a lot to offer to the world. its ur men who bring black people down.

• 4 PEOPLE LIKE THIS... and no one disagrees... you know what, I'm black, and yes I agree with what you said here.

• Where were you at?!?!?!

• Well I don't know how many people gave there opinions before me but its hard still into days world for some people to get over change I'm in the military I did not see or hear so many people hating each other for who what or where they came from so much till I got in also yes parents tell there kids what they want them to do or who to date well that's other peoples parents I on the other hand have never really litsend to such stupid nonsince to me it does not matter deep down all it comes down to is the girls personallity how independent she is and how smart she is also its about how she carrys or takes care of herself the color of ones skin should not matter its in the eye of the behouldur and really you will think however you want to in the end you may already have your mind up but don't juge a books buy its cover in this case race/skin don't pay any mind to other form your own opion and then decide what you think. if you want you can catch me on either aim brenttencross or my email is brenttenryancross@hotmail.com shoot me up if you have any questions don't think I'm ignoring you if I don't anwser rate away I'm in the navy I'm sure you understand. peace

• Personally, it doesn't really matter to me if the person I'm with is black or white. I'm white, and I actually come from what I would consider a relatively racist family. However, I can think for myself, and I see no problems at all with interracial relationships. Coming from a pretty racist background, however, I can see why black women might be hesitant to try going out with white guys. A lot of the white people I know (family, grandparents especially, but mother as well) were pretty damned racist, and I imagine if I were black, it would be a bit unnerving.

• I'm glad you made that point. I do worry about dating white guys because I'm scared of what their families might think. I also am glad that you're not ignorant/racist. it's good to know that you won't allow such negative surroundings have an effect on your character. however, I have to ask, would you still date outside of your race knowing that your family won't approve?

• I dislike racism with a passion, no matter who it's coming from, and I refuse to let it screw up what could otherwise be a happy relationship. So yes, I would. I'm just glad I had brains enough to recognize racist generalized bullsh*t when I saw it, even when still pretty young.

• THIS is going to be an interesting Thread.

• Do you have anything you'd like to say? get the ball rolling! lol

• Also, there exists the 3rd party cultural aspect of it.

Many white men fear persecution at the hands of black men for dating a black woman.

That's a myth. We don't really care.

Well, some do, I guess, but that small percentage hates "the white man" either way, so it doesn't really matter, does it? Might as well go for it.

• If we want to be analytical, consider the prerogatives of "Black Heritage" and "White Heritage." Black heritage is based essentially on the cultural aspect. If you look back, many black cultural icons are mixed-race. It doesn't carry much significance, especially since black genes are difficult to trace back past about 400 years. White Heritage is more genotypical, putting a slightly stronger emphasis on biology. Since men carry on their name with their genes, they're naturally more concerned.

• I've never had the opportunity to be in this relationship, but I wouldn't pass it up if I did.

• Have you ever approached a black woman before or no?

• Yes, sort of. I was a little unsure of myself, but I tried. She was a cashier, and I went through her line with a friend of mine, while he bought flowers. She commented 'no one buys me flowers'. I flirted with her the next few times I went there (went just to see her) The last time, I bought her flowers and put my number in them, but then she disappeared. I haven't seen her. I think she moved...?

• Aw, that sucks. you were very sweet to buy her flowers. maybe she was nervous about calling you or maybe she did move and just didn't bother trying to start something with you. I wish a guy would do that for me! haha.

• Lol, I don't care about the race of the girl...Im more concerned about her personality. =3

• It's not threatening at all

• I don't see anything wrong with it- it's just our society that does...

• Black women have on average larger vaginas than any other race of women. This is a turn-off for most non-black men. Studies have documented this. No other race can satisfy a black woman. Only a black man can.

• Why do white people get mad at blacks and try to pin them down for being racist? OF CORSE black people are going to be racist towards whites because our ancestors oppressed and enslaved blacks so OF CORSE black parents are going to keep telling their kids generation after generation to stay away from us. - that's like us humans getting angry at game deer because the deer parents told their kids to stay away from us. they are just trying to protect their kids. as time passes the trend will go away but we expect them to just get over right away.We oppressed them for a long peiriod of time so what the hell do you expect?Did think blacks were just gonna be like" Oh we forgive you we're just gonna automatically trust and accept you despite of what you have done to our ancestors and direct family" Come on now seriously?

• yea I'm white and I just met the sexiest girl I've ever seen in my life on the bus today and she was black but I didn't even think about approaching her..

• I'm open to the idea, but just never had the opportunity.

What Girls Said 16

• Hehe I feel you babe. Most of my friends are white. There's a couple latinos and a couple blacks but they are mostly white. They love me and care for me and could care less.Its funny though. I'll go clubbing with friends and a guy I like and a black guy will hit on me. When I say "no, I'm sorry I'm with him" The black guy always goes "You know that white boy can't please you like I can" Lol. I don't get it. I'm pretty happy with how a white guy does his thing. If it ain't broke don't fix it. I mean there are men that don't know what they are doing in any race. its not all geared to one.

Its funny because I'm from SoCal but live in Atlanta now where the interracial thing is a tiny bit taboo with older adults (not for the 20 something's and 30 somethings). For white guys I'm usually their first interracial attraction or something but they always seem way into it and it doesn't bother them. I know its not even a thought for me. I'm just confident and think I'm just as pretty as my blonde friend. I have gone out and a lot of white guys check me out and wanna talk to me and stuff. I saw a comment that you don't think they'd be attracted to you. A lot of guys I have talked to say that they will check out a beautiful black girl but are afraid that she would find HIM attractive. Make a move with confidence. You'll be pleasantly suprised. More white guys than you think are open minded and don't even think race is an issue.

• Well I'm neither black or white, I'm jamaican./indian/white. Most of my boyfriends have been black jamaicans. I did used to have a preference of white guys but they did not like me, often telling me they only liked white girls.

I have no preference at all, my last boyfriend was vietnamese but he would constantly tell me how mixed girls only like black guys and would carry on stereotyping me and black men, needless to say it didn't last.

I like guys of all ethnicities, white asian black oriental but its generally only black guys that put in any effort to get to know me I usually get rejected by other ethnicities.

• To be Perfectly Honest you are my favorite color of woman, the inbetween so people know you are a mix but can't tell your heritage. When I was a little boy and Dr.King and his people were fighting for their rights I prayed that GOD would make everyone your colour so people couldn't fight over it anymore. PBS did a story on heritage and it was awesome how many people are mixed and don't know it; but as far as I'm concerned NOAH is all our Greatest GrandFather. Would like to date WHITE ???!!!???

• I agree with the Question Asker. I'm Panamanian.[[Hispanic]] I am light skinned, hazel eyes, fuller lips, rounder nose, with medium hair cause my dad is black. I would think that since you looked more like a white person that most black females you would have it easier. I can't win. I always tell myself that I'm not good enough, or pretty enough, or my hair isn't fine enough, my lips are too big...things like that.

• Based off the description of yourself, you sound gorgeous to me. I always think that biracial/multiracial people are more beautiful because they have good traits from different sides combined. like good colored skin, nice eyes and hair, etc... All in all, I hope you start thinking better of yourself, no because you're mixed, but because you are beautiful. you have to see that within you and others will see it too (if they haven't already).

• Ive only been with white guys and to be honest, I find that they are so much more interesting and sweet and don't get me wrong, they are other non-white guys who are just the same but to me I just have this passion for white guys. And what I want to say to them is that more of them should show it if theyre interested in us because they are a lot of us who are into them. like crazyily!

I hate that stupid stereotype about 'white guys not being able to please black girls' - its dumb, stupid and small-minded.

White guy/Black girl love is adorable and there should be more of it.

• hmm... I think it has something to do with racism. most white guys don't want to ruin there "image" they put up with there life that it would be ruined if they started to go out with a guy. I know how you feel though... I'm native american and I can't seem to get a date either. none of the guys seem that interested but they will flirt and that makes me upset. I guess it goes back to the days before martin luther king jr.not wanting to be anywhere near girls of other races in fear you will seen as less then human. that you will lessen the "purity" of your being if you go out with another race girl. its stupid really but I guess that might be why. not saying it is or isn't.

• I agree with you on that one too. I'm sure guys have passed up opportunities just because they didn't want to hear "omg, you're dating a *insert race here* girl!" I would never do that, but there are some friends of mine that would get on my ass about that. my friends get on my ass about finding white guys attractive and I sometimes get embarassed to tell my friends if I'm crushing on a white guy. =/ if my crush approached me tho, f*** it: I'm dating him, LOL. they won't stop the way I feel tho.

• Yeah... everything is run by race now. if you don't go with someone in your race, your kicked out. you will be labeled "the wigger" or something like that. trying to be something your not. I can't do anything about it now but later when I'm of legal age, I will stand up. hopefully some of you guys on here will help me too.

• I have, and I never thought it was that big of a deal. I really hadn't even thought about it until someone said that it was so "cute that I was in an interracial relationship," and the comment bugged me, but didn't detract from the relationship.

The idea is so threatening because we're less than half a century from the Civil Rights movement, and there is clearly still racism in the country, so the parents might not accept it, and that could cause the children to avoid it. It's still a new idea, because, especially in the southern United States, the black girl would be beaten for being with a white man.

I think the frequency of the relationships will decrease with the amount of open-mindedness increasing when it comes to these things. Skin color shouldn't factor into who a person likes nearly as much as it does.

• I would have to agree with you there that movie lakeview terrace is horriable!

Im a black chick and my boyfriend is a white guy. I dated mostly white guys and I have had no issues with my man not being able to please me =). I do get people that look at us but who cares what other people think our life, you do what your heart feels. When it comes down to your partner if he has what your looking for than why not give him a chance?

• THANK YOU ! All we need is a few more women like you and maybe we can put an end to the stupid racism in our country, YOU ARE AWESOME !!!

• Best answer, hands down. :)

• I'm a black girl, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE white guys...haha

And it's funny because most white guys think I'm the typical black girl (loud, obnoxious, baby daddy drama, weave, "ghetto"...yall know what I'm talking about)

But once they get to know me they're like "I always wanted to date a black girl" or "You're THE coolest black chick I know"...and they want to get with me cause apparently I've proved that the stereotype that makes black women unattractive is COMPLETELY false.

Personally, I'd rather white guys over black guys...much to the disappointment of maaaaaany black guys...but I think everyone should try an interracial relationship at LEAST once...haha

• Haha....excuse my "yall" up there....I'm in the south so I do it without even thinking :)

• We say y'all up north too, girl! you're fine and I love white guys too. I think I'm more curious about them because I've spent my life around so many blacks, hispanics, and asians. and hispanic and black guys always hit on me and white guys... idk. they get so quiet or they're just friendly with you like they're already giving you a no thanks, but I really like you vibe which is hard to understand, haha

• i find that it's just a stigmatism issue. it really isn't a bad thing. it's all about media portrayal and stereotypes as well. that's unfortunate too. but I feel it's something I see more often everyday and I live in canada so.

• I'm not threatened by it. I'm a white female and I say you can have our white men! lol. White men are too racist and trophy seeking to realize that black women mixed women ect do have some hot features. I date whom ever I please. But the seecond some white guy hits on me becasue I'm blonde with blue eyes I can see what an insecure loser he is and I kick him to the curb.

• You do know that a lot of black men, asian, other men...will seek you out because white women , especially blue eyes, blonde hair, has been idiolized as true beauty............sweetie its not just white men lol

• I feel you on the last part but just because a guy is white doesn't automatically mean is are white and think I'm a very pretty and amazing girl.

• I'm a black girl who is attracted to white, asian and black guys. Only I hesitate to date outside my race. Mainly because my dad taught me to stick to dating my own race. His idea is that, if I were to have a child with a white guy, and that child had a child with a white guy, and so on eventually all money passed down would go to a white child of the white community.

Also maybe the reason more black men and white women couples are seen of late, as it was only 42 years ago since they could get married (aleast in south america). Whereas black women and white men have been able to date and have public relations for hundreds of years.

• Your father gave you bad advice. You don't fix racism by being racist.

• I mean no disrespect to your dad, but I was in love with the woman of my dreams who just happened to be black and because her dad was a racist we could only meet behind his back and I hated not being able to prove to him I loved his daughter, eventually we stopped seeing each other and I've never gotten over it, because I know in my heart that it wasn't right to be judged by our skin tone. I'll pray you find a white guy who can change your Dad's heart, I know I would love the chance !!!!!!!!!!!

• well I'm black and I'd date a white guy. 2me a guys a guy and if I like them then so be it as far as being judged by my family and friends that wouldn't happen cause most of my friends are pretty open 2 it 2 and my family's half white any way so... lol but I must admit there are a lot of barriers when it comes to interracial love and I am yet to understand why but most times it's as if a lot of white boys seem afraid 2 date a black girl and the same for black girls (they're afraid to date white boys) I guess its a society thing but if more people dated interracially then it would most likely become less taboo

• Wow..! You kinda wrote down all my thoughts. I've never really seen what the big deal is when it comes to black and white people dating. I'm black, and for me it seems as if white guys are afraid to be attracted to us because of what others think.

• I'd have to agree. I've had white guys tell me that their families wouldn't like it or they never even had a black friend, let alone date a black person. I know my family would be on my back for dating a white guy. they already think I listen to "white music" and dumb sh*t like that. I don't get it.

• I've passed up a couple IR realtionships but its just becuase I was too scared to date at the time. My parents are non racist but I guess that's becuase there interracial, so I never learned that bit about not likeing white guys. I guess my ideal relationship would be to be like my parents I'm not mixed or anything long story shrt But I've never been attracted to black guys or anything there's the occaional thoufg that I like but I'm usually only attracted to white guys probably becuse it looks more normal to me just becuase that's how I grew up even though I know its not common but I've dated 2 white guys and 1 kinda sorta date ( we did't really date just kiss and stuff like that) a white guy . but I have to say I've never dated in my race to be honest.

• I think it a lotta woman for them to handle lol j/k. I don't know SOME black woman have this "toughness" thing about them such as being loud, deeper voice, less maintance on appearance, the sneaker thing like one person said-yes I know some of these are sterotypes but I think it's what some white guys think of when they see black woman. It's not that rare though, one of my best friends is half white and half back (her mom being black) but her mom is from Africa so maybe they act different than American black woman?

• i can only speak for myself. I get approached and flirted with by white guys all the time. I think they are cute and interesting..but I am hesitant about getting in an interacial relationship so I just stay black. black guys don't seem to have that thought process. most black guys don't block out potential relationships based on race like a lot of black girls do. but its not that we don't like white guys but we get a lot more shit for dating one than a black guy would if he dated a white girl

• Well don't you think it's about time to put an end to racism ? Honey please date the MAN with the qualities and virtues you admire, we have a 1/2 black President now so it's definitely time we had more half black relationships in our country. Why is there still this stupid racism that forces you to evaluate on race; that is WRONG and your heart and mind should tell you that it is CHARACTER that should decide who you date NOT SKIN TONE !!! Please ask us white guys out, you'd love it so would we !

• Oh yesss, black guys will give you HELL if you even think about dating a white guy...personally, I don't give a f*ck what they do or think (excuse my language, but it expresses how I feel PERFECTLY...haha)

And the black guys that do this are ALWAYS the ones who exclusively date white girls, and demean the black girls just for being black...and wanna call us 'haters' just because we asked why they only date white girls.

• But seriously girl, SCREW what other people think, and do what YOU want to do....if you wanna date a white guy, then by all means, find a white guy who is gonna respect you and love you for just the way you are.

From what it sounds like, you're running into the worst type of black guys....of course there are pleeeeenty great ones out there, but it seems like the ignorant type run rampat these days...so don't just settle...

Remember: It's better to have NO man than to have the WRONG man. :)

• as a fellow black woman lol...i agree with some of the comments from the male above.

However, I feel that a lot of black women ( I really don't understand why) feel a sense of loyalty to black men. Even though they may be attracted to a white male, they don't pursue because he is just not " black". Its really sad actually because there are quite a few black women that feel this way (excluding myself).

Also from my experience most white men are afraid to approach black women. They are scared they don't measure up to black men. I have had a number of white males I have dated who have tried to compare themselves to any black men I have dated in the past. Its quite irritating. Also stereotypes about black women serve to discourage the joining of these two groups.

Alot of white men believe black women don't even like them, I mean look at the media. Most black women are always talking about how they want " a strong black man". (again of which I really don't understand at all).

I think black men are more open to interracial dating. Black women are not.

I am not sure where you are looking, but they are actually quite a few couples like that. (black woman, white man) in the media. You see it more in the last year with movies like " the lake terrace" and that tyler Perry movie I forgot the name of lol. I can't say that less white men find black women attractive, because my friends and I have non black males show interest in us on a daily basis. So I am not really sure on that. But I will say most of the men that have pursued me were foreign for some reason. For some reason a lot of italians.

Anyways, I don't think it is threatening, I just think there are more boundaries seperating these two groups than the typical white girl/black guy relationship. But when the boundaries are overcome and the two join, its a beautiful thing!

• Also if you really want the answer to your question. Not really sure how important it is to you..but you could do a survey with percentage of each gender or race who would date interracially. I mean the only way to find this phenomena out is to go to the two groups you are talking about. No one else can answer your question accurately!!!

• See, I actually did do an interracial dating survery for a dimensions of racism class I had two semesters ago and a lot of the people said they were curious, but they wouldn't date interracial because of family and friends judging them. personally, I would date, but I don't know who I would bring home. my family's pretty strike on the whole interracial thing. if I brought a white boy home, they'd eat me alive, seriously. I can't even imagine what they'd say

• I was that white- boy several times, and the faces on older black women when I showed up at the Bar-B-Que with little Miss Thang !!! But when they all found out the kind of guy I am on the inside, like Shekita or Trasella already had they began to love me and my white friends all thought it was great. I was confronted by the men, but hey a guy always gets confronted when he is dating a good girl so I didn't think anything of it !!! I was in love with a cheerleader who's Dad wouldn't let us date