What are some awesome ways I can cut up a t shirt?

so I have a t shirt. And it's a size too big so it looks weird when I wear it. So I was wondering if anyone knew any good ideas for how I could cut it so it looks better.

ANY suggestions I will gladly take!

Most Helpful Girl

• There are so many cool things you can do with an old t-shirt. Here is one website that has a whole list of tutorials, from Bikinis, to dog t-shirts, tote bags, necklaces, bracelets, even yarn! There are probably more than a million ways to re-use an old t-shirt.

One of my favorite things to do is if I still want to wear it, is to cut it down and try to resize it. You can do this buy cutting little strips and then knotting them down the sides or down the back to adjust it to be smaller. You can also make a halter top out of it, there's probably a good tutorial on that website.

Threadbanger.com has a lot of tutorials for stuff like this and they have videos that show you step by step.

What Guys Said 1

• Cut it in half, get rid of the sleeves and wear it like a vest

What Girls Said 5

• What I like to do when I find my t shirt or any shirt in general has gotten to big for me is start at the bottom and measure about maybe half the way up and then cut up at an angle to give it a kind of funky edge. You can then wear it over a tank top or another t shirt that's better fitting and it makes a cute combo. You could also add a cut shoulder to the mix if you like..or just do either one by itself.

Happy altering to you! =)

• link

link

link - you can make it into a jersey tank top instead :O

link

link

link

last 2 are my fave ;D

• link

link

those are my favorite to do

• depends what your style is, I guess, but you could cut off the neck bit of the t-shirt and wear it as like a baggy shoulder t-shirt with some shorts. I dunno.

or you could just cut some strips across the back?

• cookies and crayons