Concealer ..... fake ?

is putting concealer for hiding dark cycles considered faking!

Most Helpful Girl

• Mmm, nope. I'm a recovering compulsive picker and I use concealer over my scars because I get a lot of funny looks otherwise. But with the people I like, I've been around them without any makeup. If makeup becomes a mask because you personally can't accept your own imperfections, then yes, it's fake. But when it's something to make you more confident, to enhance your own beauty and to allow your true self to shine through, it's awesome :)

What Guys Said 2

• Well, if you think about it, if you put on any make up at all, it's fake.

• yes it's fake

What Girls Said 15

• im sick of all this "makeup and anything you do to improve your looks is fake" sh*t on this site. they make it for a reason. its much better to wear concealer over dark circles then to walk around looking tired. reasonable people will not think "ooh that girl is fake for covering her dark circles"

• No, its not fake. Do what you want to do. We all have certain flaws we want to hide, be it dark circles, discoloration, etc.

Wear your makeup for YOU not for a guy.

• well yes,it's makeup,of course it's not natural. BUT I don't think there's anything wrong with wearing makeup,we use it to enhance our looks-totally normal

• It's called makeup!

• Definitely not faking.Its a kind of makeup that used to hide the dark circle under our eyes or some dark spots on our face.I use it too.People can't call it fake.Fake is related to something like plastic surgery,implants or botox.

• Is washing your hair considered fake?

Same concept...

• haha yeah but that's what makeup is. that's what a pushup bra is. if your fine with wearing mascara, or whatever else, something that makes you look different, even if its not a big deal, then this is no different.

• meh I do it all the time. call me fake all you want haha.

• No. It's makeup. If makeup makes you look good.. then put it! :D Besides, maybe the type of concealer makes you look "cake-y" so just, try to buy a good concealer that matches your skin tone.

• No, Its Not!

People get dark circles fom not enough rest or stress!

Concealer is like any other foudation, and Tons of people use Concealer.

Hope I helped.

• if was a guy I would think it was faking almost the equivelent of wearing dentures but passing them off as your own teeth.

• No

• no

• No. why would it be. it's not like you're getting a skin transplant

• No.

I'd rather dab on some concealer under my eyes than look like a zombie any day.