Unattractive/Average Girl Wearing Makeup??

Does it look bad when/if an unattractive or average girl wears makeup?

Does it look as if she's trying TOO hard?

I'm sure you prefer natural yaddayaddayadda, that's not the question. Millions of women around the world who wear makeup, cake faces or not, manage to find husbands and/or boyfriends.

Most Helpful Girl

• It would look worse if a non-cute girl didn't wear makeup. At least she's trying and making the most of her appearance. Most girls do not have classically beautiful or stunningly exotic features which means most girls are avg and only a lucky few are actually really pretty. I wouldn't hold it against a girl for not being pretty. You would be surprised at the girls that are considered badd because without makeup and all the extras they are pretty average. So I support them wearing makeup and trying their best to look good, I think everyone should do that. An average girl with a decent body and good makeup is pretty. The unattractive girl with decent body and good makeup is average. Unless you're really deformed or not taking care of yourself you won't really be ugly, just not as pretty as naturally pretty girls. And that's OK. I think making an effort in your appearance makes everyone look better because it shows that you have some pride and makes you look more girlie

What Guys Said 3

• What is this trying too hard thing? There is no trying to hard, you look at a girl if you find her attractive you keep looking, if not you look away. No one thinks to them selves, oh, she is trying too hard.

Hell, I, as a guy thought of wearing make up at one point, for the dark circles I used to get under my eyes. They sell men make up at Nordstorms ;) I'm thinking of getting it lol

Just keep in mind, just because you're not wearing a make up, you're not looked at differently. It's not like people think... Oh, look at her she is not wearing make up and is really pretty. When I look at a girl I always assume they have something on their face lol

Try putting some make up on, and you'll get better.

I think you are above average :)

• I don't care what you girls believe, but you are so much prettier without make up.

• Only if she wears too much. if you can make it look seamless. you're cool

What Girls Said 6

• If a girl wears makeup in a natural looking way, no matter if she is unattractive or average looking. It will look nice.

link

link

link

They are all wearing "natural" looking makeup, and it's beautiful. =)

• millions of women around the world who don't wear makeup manage to find husbands and/or boyfriends as well ;) do what you're comfortable with. don't wear make up for other people.

• I never said I was wearing makeup for other people and I put that because y'all are so condescending about makeup.

• I just need input on what's "tacky" per say and what isn't...not what's best, but if it looks as though the person is trying too hard

• hmm, well, I mean, generally what looks most "natural" is going to look the least tacky. as little as possible and as blended in as possible.

• I think makeup is a great way for unattractive/average and even pretty girls to make themselves feel better about themselves. Also, it's undeniable that (when applied properly) it accentuates your features. People remark on my looks far more when I'm wearing some makeup.

Guys who say that they prefer a girl who wears no makeup don't realize that even when it isn't visible, most girls are at least wearing concealer, mascara and lip gloss (or whatever). Natural makeup FTW, imo.

• I would be 383883838393 times uglier without makeup, so even though I wear light makeup-I don't give a f*** about if someone else likes it or not LOL. and yes, any girl that's average without makeup, can look great with it on.

• Iv never thought that personally when I see a girl wearing makeup, but who knows what's going through other peoples heads lol, now I wonder if anyones ever thought that about me!

• No, I don't think so. All that matters is how well the makeup is done...

If an 'unattractive/average' girl does her makeup well, she'll look undoubtedly prettier.

But if an 'unattractive/average/pretty' girl doesn't do her makeup well (wrong shades of foundation, wrong blush/bronzer or placement on cheekbones, too much eye makeup, etc.), she'll look gross regardless.