Tattoos and confidence?

Okay so I’m a female in university.. I`ve been told I’m “really pretty/cute” etc. But not many guys approach me, maybe 5 that I can remember, although a lot just stare. (I'm not fat or something and I dress well) I'm pretty shy around new people but I'm very friendly if they talk to me first. I've never dated or even had my first kiss and anything so I tend to feel like I'm missing out because of my lack of confidence. I feel so low at times and I really want to change inside and out. I've wanted a tattoo for a few years now and think I might get one before the end of the year.

I'm just curious, to all those with tattoos right now do you feel like your self-confidence has increased since getting inked, if only a little? Has it helped increase your "I don't give a crap what anyone thinks about me" attitude?

btw I don't assume people will be like "oh wow, look how cool she is because of her tattoo!" More like I assume people who see it will consider me to be a more confident person since it takes balls to get your body permanently inked and then wear it in public with pride. Hence, increasing my own confidence? I don't know if I'm making any sense lol
any more tatted people wanna chime in?

Most Helpful Guy

• Just try to make yourself more approachable, make eye contact, smile, don't wear headphones. Tattoos are okay as long as they're not big and not on your chest! That's my opinion though, other guys might feel differently.

What Guys Said 3

• If you're viewed as 'confident' but still being quiet around new people, they will be even MORE likely to misinterpret your being quiet as you not liking them.

Nobody knows you're shy. If you don't talk to them, they will assume you don't like them.

• I suppose it's increased my "I don't give a crap about what anyone things of me" attitude. People always say "OMG IT'S GOING TO LOOK SO UGLY WHEN YOU'RE OLD" I'm like yeah no sh*t einstein, what isn't? I don't care if it gets wrinkly because I can't effin prevent that so what's your point? As far as it's impacts on my confidence, well it doesn't really matter much because most people don't really see them. Those that have though, really like it and I have never gotten anything but positive comments so that does make me feel a little more confident.

However, if you're looking at tattoos as a way to increase your confidence I would have to advise that's probably not very wise. If you're insecure, it's not because of lack of tattoos, therefore that would not fix your problem. Sure it might HELP the situation, but don't look at it as your solution. Otherwise you might end up with a crap load of tattoos that you may or may not regret and still be insecure, if not more so lol. Hope this helped.

• It has upped my confidence tremendously! I do have a different opinion on tattoos than your average bear, I don't understand why people get them where no one can see them? there's no point if you don't plan to show them off.

What Girls Said 0