What makes a man ugly?

Characteristics of the face? What is his face shape, structure, eyes, etc. Do girls even know why a guy is ugly versus desirable?

Most Helpful Girl

• personality wise- he's a cold hearted jerk, treats people like sh*t, walks around thinking his sh*t doesn't stink, he's negativity on top of negative, doesn't respect others, is immature and just a loser

looks wise- he is shorter than me or way too skinny/scrawny, also I'm straight so a lot of gay guys like drag queens are mad ugly to me

What Girls Said 5

• Guys can get away with pretty much anything, but for some reason when guys have uneven or blotchy skintone it makes them heaps more unattractive to me. I also personally find that how a guys dresses really affects his level of attractiveness... as I guess is the same with girls. Don't down rate me just cause I'm honest. I'm not vain, but this is what I've personally noticed.

• depends on a certain persons taste. personality makes a huge difference in how ugly/beautiful a person really is.

• That really is a load of bs. Girls say that online but real life is a total different story...

• Women are actually more likely to date men who are less attractive with nice personalities, where as men rarely date women beneath them (looks wise.)

• thank you [: I'm so glad I got some support for this. guys like to blame us for their loneliness.

• I think having wide eyes is a huge turn off, but there also might be girls who like those big babyeyes. So that's jus me:)

• I thought girls would rather a guy have pretty eyes instead of ugly man eyes?

• Everyones definions of "pretty eyes" are different plus what's your point? lol

• I've read that having a symmetrical face implies that a man is healthy and is a subconscious cue for women to find him attractive. I would say looking trashy or acting egotistical really makes a man look ugly.

• I don't buy into that symmetrical theory stuff. I have a symmetrical face and girls have never liked me. I think it has more to do with face shape than anything else...

• Just Wikipedia physical attractiveness.

• Honestly, if I had to date an (uglier) guy I can't really say I would much less unhappier than if he was a male model. Sure, there are a few characteristics I would put under the "ugly" category, such as severely overweight (fifty or so), bad hygiene, and if he had the really narrow facial structure. I'm sure there a few other ones, but I am drawing a blank. I think if someone if seen walking with an (uglier) guy it shows she was able to see him for his personality instead of looks, which, of course, isn't the reason for some people.

What Guys Said 3

• I think it's partially about what others think. That influences how you see them as far as looks; this can work the other way as well... the looks can influence how you see them.

One thing, talking about statistics, etc. I've read that the more "symmetrical" a person's face is, the more likely they are to appear more attractive.

I think that style can also help/hurt you, as well as public relations. I joke that for a Christmas gift, I'd love a PR firm to work to make me attractive. You look at a lot of celebs, and many of them are seen as attractive because we're told that they're attractive. They hang out with models, have a lot of power and influence (which they usually squander so much of it), and it makes them attractive.

• Have you seen the movie "Wrong Turn" ? The humanoid beasts are the people that are ugly. So, unless you look like that you are not ugly.

As long as you take bath daily, stay neat and tidy, comb your hair, look after your dressing sense, hygiene and smell good, you just CANNOT be ugly.

• maybe your personality is ugly. your being a total d*** and not every chick is into looks as much as you think. maybe if you were nicer you could get a girlfriend. loser