Would you ever get a tattoo of your long term partner's name?

Assuming you had been together for a couple of years at least and married

Most Helpful Girl

• No, because anything can happen. I've seen people together for 30 years and then they split up, so you never know.

Besides that I'm too afraid to get a tattoo :P~

What Girls Said 41

• I may do but I'm not keen on writing names all over myself, I think that looks slightly tacky. If I was going to have one it would be small and maybe something that symbolizes our relationship, something that's special to us and only we would know the full meaning of. I'd probably have it on my inner wrist or ankle, something like that :)

• I think it's a thoughtful gesture, but tattoos aren't really my thing.

• Nope. Never. Wouldn't even consider it. I love tattoos, but personally I have always thought tattoos of people's names are lame. I mean, unless it's like in honor of someone who died or something super personal, then that makes sense. But other than that, no. My ex had a tattoo of his own name and I thought that was dumb too.

• No way. I would reserve any name/initial tats for my CHILDREN [if I ever have any], and/or for a memorial for a deceased loved one.

• I did... big mistake! DON'T DO IT!

• How long had you and him been dating before you decided that?

• We had been together for 2 and a half years through high school I never thought it would end :)

• No, not even if me and him were married. You can never be too sure. Tatoos arre permanent, and things aren't always set in stone.

• I see, they can possibly get removed but if I were to do it. It would only be if I had no doubt after a few years of marriage at the very least...

• Yes but I still wouldn't do it.

• hmmm maybe. if we designed it together and he got my name inked too. i think it would be nice. right on the back of my neck.

• Nooooo. Nothing on earth would convince me to do that. Not even if we are married for 80 years with 20 grand kids

• initials, maybe...but not the full name.

• absolutely not. anything could happen so it's a pretty stupid move. My mom & step dad were together for 12 years, and then when she discovered a felony that he did, she reported him immediately left him & then divorced him and so now he's sitting in jail with her name nice and obvious on his arm to remind him as if he could forget.

• Nah, probs not. I used to be a tattooist and I worked with a lad who had about seven girls names on him. He was apparently serious about all of him, bit of an idiot really. Tattoos last for ever, relationships not so much :)

• No. The only names I would ever get are my children's names.

• Nooooo

• Yes, he's my best friend and we plan on getting married so I wouldn't mind too much, not at all once we are actually married :)

• No effing way. Lettered tattoos aren't really my thing anyway, I've got a symbolism trend going on already and I wouldn't want to break that. :P

• Nopes

• Nope! I don't like tattoos on me because eventually I will want them off me. I noticed when I would get henna tattoos, I would just want them off of me. I like to see me skin. =)

• Maybe... If he's the one. And I'm not like a stupid reckless teenager.

• I would , I think its crazy and completely understand why people wouldn't do it but for some reason I would still do it lol

• I wouldn't ever get a name tattooed on me unless it was either a close parent/grandparent/child but I think it it cool to get something personal that links to that significant other

• No way. I might get an initial, but we share the same one so...

• Oh hell no! That's just crazy talk!

• Oh no. If a man told me to I would dump him for sure.

• No I would not. I would get our children's names but not his.

• Noiiiiiiiiii

• God no it's so tacky

• No because the relationship will end eventually

• Remember that you will regret if you broke up, and that the scare will be a reminder of the person you lost.. Except that.. Go ahead :D

• Nope. You never know when you're going to break up with him:))) just sayin'

• i have no boyfriend for 4years

• More from Girls
    11

What Guys Said 6

• No. If I had kids, I might get their name, or if a wife died, then I might get hers, but that would be it. Kids will always be my kids (even if they do that BS parental divorce thing), and a deceased spouse won't change her status, either; she'll always be my late wife. But a living spouse? I wouldn't even consider it until we'd been married 30-40 years, and even then, it'd be doubtful.

Years ago, I saw a couple come into a tat shop; she was doing the talking. She said that he wanted her name tattooed on him. The artist then told her that he needed to see her marriage certificate, as he wouldn't tattoo any spouse's name that had been married for less than 20 years. They stormed off (him with a thankful glance back). The artist then proceeded to call the other shops in the area to warn them about the couple that was, most likely, headed their way.

I thought that was real class of the artist.

• no. I have no desire to get a tattoo of any kind for any reason.

• I generally don't like tattoos too much myself but may get one in small print somewhere like on the sole of my foot

• if it's special to you, that's cool. so many people get tats that are trendy and meaningless and then want to get rid of them or cover them up. if it's meaningful to you then go for it.

• No. I detest tattoos. Period.

• Why would I? It's kinda lame and pointless IMO. I don't mind tattoos but I wouldn't want my gifriend's name on my body. It's not something people normally do.

• NEVER would I do that, if I were with her for years, married to her, etc.

• No. No tattoos for me.