Do women like the bad boy look?

I recently changed the way I dressed, from t-shirt and jeans to expensive shirts, ties and dress pants, the neat well dressed look, I'm 31 and felt the need to change. I found that women like the way I dressed , but do women connect that look with being soft too? What do they prefer more the metro look or the t-shirt and jean look?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 8

• I don't like my guys feminine in any way even if he is straight 10,000 call it my low self esteem or whatever but I would go for a bad boy look (though I'm not into that) over mertosexual guys anyday.

If you just wear ncie clothes however I don't think you are feminine but if you get manis and pedis that for me would be a turn off but other chicks like that. To all their on and to all respect.

• I'm not talking about dressing feminine, I'm taliking about dressing polished and neatly. A nice shirt and pants, do you consider that metro.

• No, not at all. If you wear nice clothes I don't think that is metro just a style conscious.

• well a guy in a t and jeans to me says quick tumble in the sheets where as dressed up screams a night of exotic pleasures. a suit does not say soft but hard dedicated man that takes no bs from anyone

• I like the more formal, classic style that you first described.

• It's taken me a while to get use to dressing that way but I like it too.

• I prefer the more casual look, like he hasn't tried but I am the only one in My friends that prefer the " bad boy" look than the nice dressed so I would say as statistic goes you will have a bigger audience of girls with the polish look...

To me a guy too dress Up sometimes seems like his mom choose his clothes or a gay guy...

• When I work I do wear a tie, when I go out I usually wear a nice long sleeve shirt and pants. I have gotten a better reaction from the prettier women though.

• So I guess its Good right?you get better reaction from the prettier girls

Like I said you will atract more girls...

• I'm not into the metro thing.

• Do you consider my description of the way I dress the metro look?

• Not necessarily, I consider it professional/ business casual.

• yes...I do

• Dressing well doesn't necessarily make you look metrosexual. There's more to it than just trying to look neat- grooming, hair removal, even wearing makeup, etc. I would not consider a man who wears dress pants and ties to be metrosexual. That said, I dress pretty casually (I'm also younger- 20) so I'd definitely be more likely to go for a guy in jeans.

• I think the idea behind the metrosexual look is that metrosexual guys tend to behave more like the stereotypical women than the stereotypical man when it comes to their appearance. For example, they may shape their eyebrows, wax their legs, or wear under eye concealer- those things are normally reserved for women.

• you are right, I had the wrong definition.

• No problem :)

• I really don't mind t-shirts and jeans - I even consider them as attractive as dressier clothing as long as they fit well and are good quality. The only reason I'd say I appreciate a sharp dresser more than a t-shirt guy is that most guys DON'T wear properly-fitted, classy t-shirts and jeans - it tends to be oversized clothing that's in poor condition or tasteless.

I think there's a difference between "metrosexual" and "sharp dressed" - where metro = more feminine and sharp = more masculine. If what you're wearing is just dressier menswear pieces, I can't see how that's metroxesual..

• Ok, maybe I had the wrong definition of what metro dressing is, thanks.

What Guys Said 1

• I think a lot like the bad boy look

• My man sometimes I do too, but I meet a lot of pretty women, professional women, they tend to go for the well dressed look. I use to dress like the bad boy alot, I had no trouble getting women, but when you meet well dressed women, you can feel out of place with the bad boy look.