Does looking smart equate to being unattractive?

I have been called smart so many times. I have had people say I look like a professor, chemist, like computers, etc. I do not wear glasses, nor did I think I look nerdy.

This seems more like a slam than a compliment. A compliment would be I look like a jock, or a rebel.

Hell even looking like a caveman would be better than looking smart.
IMHO

Most Helpful Guy

• I prefer someone smart over someone who looks dumb.

• I would have to say girls are the exact opposite of us guys. I would prefer a smart looking girl too than a bimbo. Girls like guys that look like they have rocks in their head for brains.

What Girls Said 7

• I think intelligence is a very attractive quality, on the inside AND on the outside! Anyone who doesn't like a spiffy lookin' fella doesn't know what they're missing!

• Smart can be attractive! Forget the negative connotations from elementary school! Now that you're older, it's seen as a good thing...as long as your personality isn't stiff!

• Looking "smart" is better than looking "dumb"...I would take it as a compliment and not think twice about it.

• noooooo, not at all. Smart guys are hot. Do people say you look smart, or are smart? there's a difference..

• Look smart and I definitely am NOT actually smart.

• It's a compliment, being called smart is a good thing lol.

• it means your smart, girls might say it in a flirty way and guys might say that because they are not as smart as you.

• No no no! Looking smart can be hot! I love it when guys give off a "smart" vibe (even if they're idiots lol)

• Not at all. you look smart, that just means you're intelligent, you don't look like trailer trash

What Guys Said 3

• Some girls really go for smart guys.

I was at a party in university once and a girl who I half knew just started going on about how smart I was and how hot that was, and eventually dragged me back to her room to fool around.

Women are drawn to men with good genetics. That might mean jocks, but it also means geniuses.

• "nerdy" = insult

"smart" = compliment.

Smart implies; cleanliness, intelligence, good posture, etc. All of which are good things. Don't worry, there's worse things to be called.

• I've never been called nerdy. I guess that is a plus.

• If girls go out of their way to compliment you (ie; you don't compliment them first) ten that's a brilliant sign. Get talking to them.

• the way you worded the question should equate to few answers or I'm chats