Do you prefer washable or waterproof mascara?

Which one do you prefer and why?

Also, what's the best Maybelline mascara? (I have a coupon, don't say Great Lash original formula because I already own that one).

What's the best drugstore mascara, of any brand?

What's your favorite overall mascara whether it is drugstore or department?

Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• I like waterproof mascara because it doesn't smudge and give me raccoon eyes by the end of the day.

I think I've tried most of the mascaras Maybelline came out with and I have two favourites: XXL Volume and The Colossal. Apart volumising my lashes, they're pretty light and didn't clump at all. The Colossal was less dramatic than the XXL Volume.

The best drugstore mascara, which may be discontinued, is the Rimmel Glam Eyes. The old black and pink version, not the new one. I liked it because it did its job very well, still didn't clump but, granted, it didn't keep my lashes as soft.

Hands down, my favorite mascara overall is Lancome's Hypnose. With just two coats my lashes look almost fake, I love it! It's one of the only mascaras I've ever bought twice.

I have always looked for mascaras that offer more volume to my lashes so if lengthening mascaras are your thing, my recommendations won't be of much help to you. By the way, how'd you like the Great Lash? I hated it because it gave me that spider lash look.

• Great Lash is mediocre for me. Nothing to write home about but decent enough that I'd use it. It lengthened well but doesn't volumize or thicken much so my lashes got a bit spidery and hard rather than soft full and fluttery. It is really cheap and probably beats all the other 5$ and under mascaras. It did make my lashes really long though and the waterproof lasts a long time, but you had to use a lot of layers for drama and then they get hard, clumpy, and a bit spidery. Not awful though.

• Have you tried Maybelline's Full and Soft? I personally haven't but I hear it delivers soft, full lashes, even the waterproof version of it. It's definitely on my to buy list!

• Nope. I have a Maybelline coupon so maybe I'll buy it. But I also want to try Covergirl Lash Blast. But I just got a giftcard from somebody so I bought Diorshow mascara with it, and that's expensive, so I guess I'll wait a while to buy any new mascara, because if the Maybelline or Covergirl are good I'll feel guilty after splurging on the Dior :P

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 9

• I do washable, because it is too hard to take off waterproof

The Great Lash extreme, I think it is, is really good.

I wouldn't know about any other brands except maybeline and E.L.F. and don't ever get E.L.F. because it is awul! it smells bad and it is really clumpy and dry.

I like maybeline Great Lash Original...it doesn't irritate my eyes and it doesn't clump or anything, and it lasts for a long time.

• Definitely non-waterproof for everyday use. Waterproof should be used very rarely, because it uses chemicals that are super harsh on the lashes. If you only coat the upper lashes, most non-waterproof mascaras will even stay on in the pool.

I don't really like Maybelline very much, but The Falsies line isn't bad. It can give you some great curl, but watch out for clumping and lash bending.

As for drugstore brands, I would go for Covergirl, because it's super cheap and actually quite effective. Maybelline, Rimmel, and Revlon are sort of lower grade versions. Other than that, Marcelle is really great for volumization.

At a department store, I would lean towards Chanel. They have some really great colors, and you can get them in waterproof too. Chanel L'imitable is a great line. You can also try Clinique, as they lean towards less glam and more technique. They're really good for a clean, powerful look.

Hope I helped!

• I use non waterproof for everyday since it works better but waterproof for special occasions/long days.

By far the BEST drugstore mascara (even better than my Lancome and comparable to Diorshow mascaras) is maybelline the falsies flared in blackest black. I wear it everyday, no clumps as long as you apply it correctly, and people ALWAYS ask me what mascara or false lashes I use and if my lashes are that long naturally

• Water proof mascara is fine until you go to take it off and it won't come off (unless you have make-up remover), which is why I normally use regular mascara. I like maybelline lash stilleto mascara, it works nicely and makes them longer and all that good stuff. I also like almay's mascara.

• I hate water-proof mascara I find it so hard to take off unless I rub a bar of soap over my eyelids..

so good old normal mascara for me (: I've always used Lash Blast by Covergirl (it's the best in my opinion) - though I haven't tried any high end brands.. I just assume they're all the same.

• Oh I want to try that one! Is it dramatic? and do your lashes stay soft and less clumpy since it has the bristley brush? I hear it's good stuff

• Try it out, I've been using it for quite awhile and it's never given me any problems, as for clumping it really depends on how much your putting on - as for any mascara, but for the most part does a great job. (I use the purple one)

• I hate waterproof mascara also, too much work to take off.

I really like rimmel's mascaras..im currently using their lash accelerator, this is probably the only mascara I've stuck to the longest :)

• Waterproof, because you never know what can happen that day and if your crying or anything you don't want to have to sit an worry about mascara running down your face. I use the lash stiletto.

• i always but waterproof because I can never remember if it is or not, and I don't want to have nonwaterproof when I'm at the pool in the summer lol

• I prefer waterproof, because I find it tends to rub off and give me raccoon eyes otherwise. It comes off pretty easily with soap or makeup remover, though, so no biggie.

My favorite mascara that I've used has been a Covergirl waterproof with a little plastic brush - it hasn't clumped up at all, and the plastic bristles do a far better job of separating and coating my lashes than the fiber bristles did. I can't say I've used any Maybelline mascaras other than Great Lash, sorry, but if you can find any that have a plastic brush, I'd definitely spring for that.

• Is it the orange one?