May I have any chance in dating with a person who I don't find physically attractive?

here is that guy...he is not that handsome...and he doesn't have that cool body also...thought I really like his hands! but anyways...generally I don't find him attractive physically buttttt he is a great person and we spend really nice time together...i really enjoy his accompany and I have never met some1 as good as him!

but the point is I think where ever we go as friends...ppl would say...I'm too much for him! ( I'm not pride...or I don't think I'm so good, but that's how I feel when we go around from people's eyes)

so would I have any chance if I start dating with him? (cause he said he likes me more than friends...! )

isnt there any chance of finding attraction when we come out of the friend zone?!

Most Helpful Guy

• Apparently the majority is against what I'm going to say, but... give it a spin. If you like the person for who is and he likes you and you both understand each other completely, isn't that better then having just some toyboy to show off to everyone. I personally think you'd be well of with him because such people (that terms sounds so wrong) usually care a whole lot more about their girlfriends then for instance the good-looking jerk types or the macho, gym going man. I'm not saying there aren't exceptions on any of these cases but like I said, if you like him for who he is then the least you could do is give it a try, right? oh and mind the other people, they don't know how he is to you and how well you two get along. Let the other singles wait till mister/miss perfect comes along (never) or look how well the toyboy/girl // slut/guy combination works when they break up after a month. That's just how it is, people are ignorant/selfish/stupid/etc... The only person you should care about is yourself and if he makes you happy then care for him as well.

Good luck ;)

ps: just read your update but please, explain it clearer, if you wish. I don't really get what you're saying. ;)

• i agree with u...these are what I always tell myself when I want to face it logically ...and he is not that bad...he goes to gym:D and he always tries to look his best! but I just feel I can do better...u know!

but when I'm with him, I'm so happy...i never could find any girl! to be that much alike me, and like what I like to do, or think in the way I think, or have this close logics and ideas!

he is the person that I could hardly find some negative features in his personality!

• Then the choice should be simple no?:) If you think you can do better you're also free to try, but there's a much greater chance you'll end up worse. And if he goes to the gym and tries to look his best for you, doesn't that mean he really loves you. He's doing all that stuff to look better because he probably knows how much it means to you. That's another thing he probably does to make you happy :) And with time affection and attraction grows, maybe not physically but certainly from the heart =)

• tnx for your advice, I really hope it works :)

What Guys Said 8

• bad idea unless you're desperate

• I don't think it would be a successful relationship if you weren't physically attracted to him.

• There has to be some physical attraction for a relationship to be successful. A great friendship will only take it so far. Don't ever assume there will be a physical attraction down the road either.

• wait, you really like his hands?

• lol...yes I know that's weird...its weird for myself too...but I like his hands more than his face or like his eyes... I just can't stop looking at his hand and fingers! :D :D

• o, I thought you meant you like what he does with his hands. Wrong interpretation, my bad.

• yes, sometime some girl told she cannot think of a reason she fell for me..

• Maybe, but what if you meet a guy you are attracted to and he has a good personality, what would you do? Attraction is huge, not the most important thing but it's significant. If you think you can date him without being tempted if the guy of your likings came a long. Date him if want to, but don't date the guy and then decide it was a mistake. Think how he would feel if you two dated for a while and you decided he isn't what you want.

• Not really

• I think you guys should just stay friends. It would be jerking him around if you did start dating him.

What Girls Said 4

• I personally have found that either I am attracted to a guy or I am not. I can be attracted to a lot of different looks but regardless I know from the beginning if I could see myself kissing them or getting naked with them. If I cannot imagine being intimate with a guy, well there would be no point in me trying to date him. I have tried to see if I could spark something up for a guy that I thought was nice but without that initial attraction it has never happened for me.

Some may say that no harm can come from trying it out and seeing what happens, but if you cannot get to the point of wanting more than friendship with this guy, you will hurt his feelings and he will feel deceived even though you did not mean it. Knowing that, you should at least tell him you enjoy him as a friend and are not sure that there is anything more than that on your side but if he is okay with that, you could continue to hang out and see if that changes.

• I'd say go ahead an try.

I know I tend to start to find people more physically attractive over time if I'm struck by their personality. The little thoughts in the back of my head tend to fade out. Just don't drag it for his sake if after a while you really don't think its going to work.

• probably not.

• yes! I am into guys that have at least some muscle and are country...if you know what I mean. a man's man. anyways I dated my best friend for 7 months and he was a bean pole! in no way shape or form was I at all attracted to him when he got interest in me, but by the 3/4 month I was SO attracted to him! go for it! I believe if the personality happens first and you do happen to fall in love you'll love his face & everything about him, because you love his personality! :) hope this helped!

• i really appreciate that you shared your story...i really needed some1 who has tried that before...what happened that you felt you have changed your mind about him? are you not getting attracted to the country men anymore? or you never compare him with them? or wish he was like them physically ?

• i'm not really sure what happened! just one day I looked at him and thought "my gosh, he just took my breath away!" I am definitely still attracted to country guys, we aren't together anymore and I wouldn't say that I would go for another guy like him because it changed my perspective or anything; just seriously that it was HIM is why I was attracted to him...i compared a lot and I always wished he was like them physically, but in the end he was my best friend and that's what I wanted...