GIrls, are you comfortable without makeup in the morning, with guys?

Like, if a guy is sleeping over, do you wash your face at night and go to bed bare faced and wake up bare faced, no makeup at all? Or would you, if you Haven't had a guy sleep over yet ? lol

I know its a comical part of some movies/tv shows that the girl doesn't want a relatively new boyfriend to see her without makeup on, esp. not in the morning. I have friends like that too.

There's nothing wrong with it, I'm just curious.

So...wake up bare faced and natural with the guy, or reapply makeup before he gets up.

• Wake up bare faced and natural
  • Reapply makeup

Most Helpful Girl

• I can't say for sure. It depends how close I am with the guy. Also if we are f***ing and rolling around in bed all night my makeup would probably come off anyway but I'd just fall asleep like that.

Overall I am confident, but with some guys I feel more at ease and with others I might feel naked with no makeup on. I don't wear that much but it is just part of me, I almost feel like letting a guy see me with makeup is kind of intimate, so if he was new I might not let him so fast. Unless he was like family and I didn't care what he thought.

I don't really wear much except concealer, eyeliner, and mascara, and my liner is thin,so if I leave it on my eyes it actually looks nice in the morning, almost off but my eyes are just a bit more defined, and it isn't smudgey after sleeping. My face itself is always bare anyway so I may just leave my bit of liner and mascara on.

What Guys Said 4

• Any woman that feels they need make up are seriously lacking in confidence. Why can't women understand men don't actually care for make up (or at least much) and even if they claim "well if we didn't wear make up we wouldn't be approached" that it's bullsh*t and guys would approach all girls fine :| bah...

If we're gonna bring up movie/tv shows I think nothing shows this better than Everyone Loves Raymond when the hardass father who doesn't really show his emotions well with his wife or anyone comes in (after his wife has a heartfelt thing said or whatever) and he wipes off the stuff she uses for "beauty" showing he really doesn't think she needs it. It's really how every guy who's actually interested in a woman/girl will feel for that person. And if you need make up to get someone, you really should work on your self confidence.

Yes, I understand some women just like to put on make up for themselves, but it's always seemingly returning to the "it makes me feel better about myself" and that just seems sad. Sure that's not necessarily the case, but a lot of the time it comes off this way.

So ya, girls need to stop thinking make up makes them attractive to others. If anything, it's attracting people, but the kinda shallow douche who doesn't really give a damn about you in the first place and likely just wants to screw you and leave you. Bah...

• I wasn't really asking for male opinions, but eh. not all men feel the same way. many men love makeup, which is why they are actually more likely to be drawn to women who wear it. there are studies on this actually, not just men, but society in general. some study I read about said employers are more likely to take girls with at least a bit of makeup on more seriously, think they are more competent, etc. if guys didn't like makeup they wouldn't like the way p*rn stars, models, etc look.

• I'll give you a hint, it's not quite on the shoulder of males as you think it is. There are definitely those of the male gender perpetuating it, but it's far more your gender these days.

• Ok.

• Fux makeup.

• Need to make her clean her face that night before she gets into bed..I don't want that disgusting sh*t on me or my sheets...(:

• I would be happier if she doesn't reapply it

What Girls Said 7

• Once I got married, I barely put on make up anymore. I use to put on a lot more than I do now. Plus my skin has cleared up a lot more than it use to be before I was married. I'm the make up less type person now but I use to be very self conscience about my acne, my skin, face etc and wear a lot of make up.

• oh yeah, true. I don't have acne problems, just the occasional break out, but a good foundation drastically improves the look of the skin if you have mild or bad acne. acne sucks! lol Anyway that's good that you have clear skin now :)

• LOL.

Yes, I'd wash off my makeup. I'm pretty comfortable without makeup. Don't get me wrong, I know I look better with it - but may as well get that part over with soon. Don't wanna be months in and let him see what you REALLY look like and give him a shock.

But I have friends that are like that - sneakily apply makeup in the morning or whatever. Makes me giggle, I think it's cute :) lol

• I could live with that...<3<3<3 =D

• noted! :)

my friend takes prenatal vitamins to help her nails, skin, and hair by the way lol just saying...

• LOLL! I didn't know that worked. Interesting *buys stock in baby making vitamins* :P

• i don't wear a lot of makeup anyway. so I would have no problem being seem without it..and I'm comfy with how I look all the time

• I go to school without makeup most of the time, but I go to an all-girl's school.. but we have guys there..teachers and staff.. and occasionally some random guy from our brother school would come in for whatever reason..

And when I do put on makeup, it's usually only concealer to hide acne scars and maybe mascara if I'm in the mood for killing my eyelashes.. but yea. :P

And yes, I always wash my face otherwise I feel all gross and icky. :l

• Good question...i never Been there So I am not sure what would I do...

Some days I am to Lazy to take the make Up off, I know its bad but it happens lol...

If the guy has sleeped with me he see me naked So I wouldn't care If he hasn't I would sleep with make Up :)

• oh I know, girl. I sleep with makeup on sometimes too. not often but it happens occasionally. sometimes you just wanna sleep lol

• yeah. I look fine without makeup. and my guy has to see me with it sometime lol

• Cool ..I particularly hate foundation, bronzer and all that other cheek & face sh*t...

• I love that stuff ! :)

• i'm always bare faced and natural... you know what you see is what you get, no surprises with me lol