Why do I always gets cuts when I shave?

Seriously like almost every time I cut my face... what do I need to do differently?

Most Helpful Guy

• -Get a new razor. When your razor doesn't glide across your face as easily as it used to, that's when it's time to get a new one

-Soak your face with a warm washcloth before you begin

-Always shave in the same direction of the hair first, before you consider going against the grain.

-Shaving takes time so don't go so quickly; you'll dull the blades faster and increase your chances of hurting yourself.

-If all else fails, invest in an electric blade.

• Happened with a brand new razor a few days ago.

• Not all razors are created equal. In my experience, the cheaper the blade, the slower you gotta go.

What Girls Said 4

• Stop using dull razors. Shave with shaving cream and go slow.

• Get an electric or battery operated shaver use that first then use the razor

• are you always using shaving cream and do you use a 5 blade razor that is good? My husband says a dull razor may hurt a little more but he is less likely to cut his face with a dull razor. You might just have to really sensitive thin skin though.

• maybe you should invest in a better shaving get

What Guys Said 11

• Get a quality razor. I prefer three blades, any more and they get clogged up with hair, less and it's pointless. Quality over quantity. They're expensive, but f*** those cheap disposable ones. Use a shave gel, not that cheap ass shaving cream. Take long sure strokes. Not repeated small scrapping. Long stroke, rinse and repeat.

• Shave right out of a hot shower - the hairs will be softer.

Don't just slap on cream/gel/shaving soap and go, let it sit on for a minute or so, this gives it time to soften up the hairs.

Only shave with the grain.

Don't push hard, the razor needs to glide over the skin.

• Also - make sure you only move the razor perpendicular to its edge. if you drift side to side, you'll slice.

Learned that one big time when I taught myself to use a straight razor.

• Go with a top of the line razor; scrub your face hard with soap and washcloth; and use a gel shave lotion.

• You need some good shaving cream, a sharp, but small razor, and patience.

Move slowly, and against your hair's natural direction so that you finish with the least amount of strokes. Do not press down at all against your skin. Just place the blade very gently on top of the skin, and barely skim the top. When you have finished. Apply after-shave, and all will be good on your now shaven face...

• Be more careful, use a better razor or change your shaving cream.

• What type of razor do you use? I get minor cuts and red marks but that is partialy my fault for the way I use it lol. Just get a good razor and make sure the blades are good because if they are not you are going to get cuts and red marks easier

• Don't always use a "new" razor blade, use your old one until it's dull. A already used one will rarely cut your face than a new one! or you could just go with a shavingmachine, that doesn't cut and your face is shaved to.. no use of shavingfoam or cream or ... , I would suggest a lot of steam, hot water and a gentle firm stroke with your razorblade and if you feel any cutting just stop and try it again.

• Sharper blades reduce the amount of pressure you need to apply.

The more pressure you apply the more likely you are to cut your skin.

So get a new blade, and perhaps a decent shaving cream. I like Edge.

• Your skin is sensitive...

They have this special oil to put on skin before you shave (at Nordstorms) it prevents the cuts. And get a good shaving gel.

Just go to Nordstorms ask them for a sample, try at home for couple of times if you like it, go buy it, it's like 22$.

I use that to prevent break outs

• The main thing is to always use sharp razor blades, and it helps a lot if you shave right after showering. I don't see any point to the fancy shaving gels etc - the little blue strip on the razor provides more than enough lubrication on its own.

• edge gel is great stuff...try shaving while in the shower and more by feel than by sight...and if all else fails? chicks dig scars ? hahaa