American Eagle and Forever 21 for a college girl?

Are stores like American Eagle and Forever 21 too teenager geared for a college girl? Sometimes I think people don't take me seriously because, even though I'm in college, I look like I'm in high school. Having a wardrobe from American Eagle and Victoria's Secret Pink probably isn't helping, huh? What are college girls supposed to dress like?

Most Helpful Girl

• Forever 21 is excellent price and style wise. Also, H&M, ZARA, AX are good.

I moved on from the hoodie/t-shirt logo stage a year or 2 back. I still shop at American Eagle and VC PINK (just look at my pic haha) but try not to buy clothing with their logo splattered all over the place. If people tell you you look young, embrace it. You can't do anything about your face (which is pretty :D!) but you can alter key pieces in your wardrobe to be taken more seriously.

For example:

- Instead of sporting a hoodie everyday, I'll layer a long flowy shirt with a blazer

- Bag instead of bookbag

- I love my converse and vans, but I'll spice things up with leather/suede boots or moccasins

This is all coming from a girl who loves sweats and flip-flops. But since I started going to college in Manhattan, my style has changed a lot and improved. All in all, don't lose your style...be yourself and your good <3 :)

What Guys Said 12

• No not really. I mean you aren't going to get people to think you're much older than college age because there are significantly less girls wearing that as they get older, but there are plenty of girls who are in college and wear clothing from those stores.

• If K - 12 education mandated school uniforms (like many other countries), then you wouldn't need to ask that question.

We live in a society where some people wear whatever they want whenever they want, without regard for what is situationally appropriate. Now THAT is unstylish.

It's okay to have a wardrobe containing clothes from American Eagle and Victoria's Secret Pink. But I think that's limited. You should consider expanding your wardrobe to include formal attire as well. Just think about the type of social situation you'll find yourself in and think about the clothes that would be worn in that context. Also, don't forgot to consider the seasons too. The winter season requires a different set of clothing than the summer season.

• babe, your adoreable the way it is.

• college girls are supposed to dress what they like. aren't you an individual in college? if not, then abide by other people's standard. there's no specific way you should dress, unless it's inappropriately at school. Those are just my opinions I mean if it bugs you then change it to something else you can feel comfortable about.

• is pretty common in the us for people up to like 26 to wear American eagle in the us

• I get uncomfortable in any ae or aero brands that are any louder than the logo, it makes me feel too high schoolish. But for girls I feel as long as it looks modern and classy I would go with it.

• Ive sort of moved on from that stage. I wear more polo raulph lauren, fred perry, armani.. that sort of thing

• Eh...I'm not into fashion But I will acknowledge A girl's individuality through her outfit. Which makes her hot.

• No. It's for any age. I've seen people a lot older than college aged people in that stuff.

• LOL! Young girls are hilarious sometimes :)

• No. While it may seem like high school is more geared towards expensive stores like mentioned..I've seen many college aged-and older people still wearing the mentioned stores. Just the other day I was at Applebees and I saw one of the waitresses wearing a VS Pink Sweatshirt (it was cold that day) and she's def. in college or older (have to be 18 or older to work there I believe)...Why do you think they're more geared towards high school, I'm just curious?

• The "Motherhood" store. That way you can buy those awesome stretch belly pants!

So comfortable.

What Girls Said 10

• Basically just wear what you want. I don't wear American Eagle, or Victoria's secret, but I'm not really into that stuff. Never been. It's a personal choice, people wear whatever in college. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

But I would have some dressier clothing for college because there are going to be job fairs, interviews and whatnot. So it's good to have some formal wear for the events you might have to attend.

• I'm in college, and I wear all of those things. I definitely see people dressing differently, but there's plenty of people still wearing all of that. As long as you're not wearing Victoria's Secret Pink to job interviews, I think its perfectly fine for class lol

• They are in more of the junior sizing but I still see my friends sister who is 27 shop there. You could try H&M, and little boutiques that aren't super large.

• Probably nothing I would wear but hey dress to what makes you feel comfortable, if you force yourself to wear more mature clothes you'll probably just feel like it doesn't look as pretty.

• I don't think there is any defined style a college girl is suppose to have; maybe dressing more mature/put-together ? I just wear what I want to be honest, Forever 21 being one of my favorite stores, along with Dynamite and Guess.

Honestly I could care less about Abercrombie, Hollister or American Eagle anymore (I never really wore them anyways).. but it's funny how many people wore those brands in high school and now I barely see any. (:

• nope, not at all

• Lol that's what they mostly wear really. An AE hoodie (or VS) and some Ugg boots :x

• its fine you can wear whatever you like I'm out of college recently and am still wearing my hoodies and loungewear its just so cumfy! I've stopped wearing hollister and abercrombie though, those are marketed towards young kids technically but people in high school and college still wear them because its 'tight fitting' and considered sexy, I heard the guys that started the brand hollister purposely made the clothes for young girls like age 12-15 so that older girls could wear them since theyre tight and small fitting and show cleavage and all, sounds kinda dirty now that I think about it lol I don't even fit into most of the clothes anyways so yea id stay away from abercrombie and hollister, everythng else is amazing! I love aeropostale too!

• Why don't you just wear what you want and stop being so damn over concerned about what others think of you. Have a mind of your own. Don't be a sheep.

• in my opinion its for naturally slim girls with little to no curves