How do you express your personality with clothing?

I normally just wear what looks good on me. When I try, I dress classy. But I don't think it says anything about my personality. So how do you express your individuality with clothes? What does it say about a girls personality when she wears particular clothes?Examples? Any answer will be appreciated lol. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I tend to have "bad luck" if you believe in that sort of thing. I have a shirt (which I happen to be wearing right now) that has brought me bad luck most of the times I've worn it (however I've gotten compliments on it a few times). The very first time I wore it, was on a date. Well, turns out she wasn't that into me as I thought she was and we wound up not even being friends...the next time I wore it was at a job interview..guess what? Didn't get the job. I like this shirt because it's got dark colors and stripes that are vertical, not horizontal (I hate horizontal stripes). Not sure how that describes my personality..so I'll let you sort of guess what it might be and if I agree with you I'll say yes.

Also, I never really dress "up" because I don't really like to and feel like it's more of a womans' thing than a mans' thing. I typically wear band shirts and jeans so I'm pretty simple.

I'm a kid of the 90's so while everyone likes wearing leather jackets, I LOVE wearing Jean jackets. Anything DENIM, I love. Again, 90's kid..:D

Yeah I don't really know how they describe it, so again, I'll let you decide.

• Damn dude. Why are you still wearing the shirt? Throw it away lol

• I get compliments on it all the time though..if they're not saying anything, I'm going to assume they're just shy

• Oh, okay. :)

What Guys Said 2

• By taking exactly what you like for whatever reasons you like it!

You take formal clothes, it shows you are more serious woman. You take expensive it shows that you go only for the best. If you take something comfortable it shows that you like to feel good from time to time.

When you take what you like, then it talks about what you like and value.

• Men can't do that, but women have enough freedom in how they dress that yu can usually tell a lot about her personality. My old workmae that used to wear jeans so tight she had to lie down to put them on...yep, that was her p;ersonality all right.

What Girls Said 4

• I just wear what I like, I don't care what other people are doing. I like bold colors and fabrics, mixed in with simple 'staple' pieces that go with anything. I'm not opposed to trends, I just don't follow them. Of course something might pop up that I like, and I'll wear it because it appeals to me, not because other people are doing it. You really can't go wrong with wearing what YOU like, because what you like says things about you as a person. Don't worry about what anyone else is doing, just do you. =]

• I think we say a bit about ourselves through what we wear whether we realize it or not. You can tell some people are sheeple by always changing their style depending on what everyone else is wearing.

I'm usually in tops with cardis or hoodies with jeans...and that's it lol. Which figures seeing as I'm about as adventurous as a peanut. I'm shy aswell and I don't ever wear anything that shows off any flesh, and I don't really go for bright bold colors, I stick to plain Jane ones to blend in to the background! :)

• Lol same! I love cardis, hoodies and jeans but it doesn't really say much. Thanks for your input. :)

• well, this is just what I think.

sidenote - has anyone ever noticed that its kinda awkward when describing yourself?

back to the main point -

im usually a pretty legit person. I like to get sh*t done and I like to be serious and get things done right. I like straight lines and simple patterns when it comes to art and fashion, and I think classics can never be overrated. I think simple boho looks are perfect and that vintage is da best budapest. I like to work hard and get down and dirty with whatever I'm doing. But at the end of the day, I really do like having fun for a little bit.

and so with that said, I always dress easily. jeans/sweats/lululemons with a simple shirt, or a dress. BUT. that little bit of fun in every outfit - is my bow. I'm usually always wearing a bow. just so cute and so much fun.

• I like to sleep a lot and relax so I wear clothes that are comfortable, relaxing and easy to wear.