Older guys are playing me, and when I start to trust them they let me down.

So, I had a crush on an older guy and my friend had a crush on his best friend. The boy I liked started hitting on me and his friend was also into my friend so everything was cool until the next day there's rumors that all the flirting they did was just a joke! I was pretty hurt until a week later the guy who was into my friend started calling and texting me saying how much he liked me. I decided I would go along with it and we got pretty tight.

I started REALLY liking this guy until at a school function he completely changed when he was around his bff. I was getting these nasty texts from him calling me all these bad things and saying apparently he never liked me either. So I was very confused. I texted him back later that night saying I wanted nothing to do with him and never to talk to me again. Now I'm not sure if I should forgive him and try to be friends because he can be such a nice guy when he's not around his friend. Someone please help me!

Most Helpful Guy

• He's shown his true colors. If he acts that way in front of his friends than he is too embarrassed to show feelings for you upfront, no matter who is watching. Move on from him, do you want a guy who treats you different depending on the people around? It's clear that while he is with these other guys he talks bad about you in a rude manner. That is not the kind of guy you deserve.

Cut off contact, block his number, avoid him in general. Show him you can do better and just continue to ignore him for a lengthy period of time. Give him room to mature and see what comes of it. In the meantime I am positive you or your friends can find much better then a bunch of jerks who act different when they are together.

What Guys Said 1

• He is a jerk just out to get you for sport nothing good will come out of that.

What Girls Said 2

• No, Don't you ever forgive a person who treats you like that. He's shown you what he really is a jerk who cares why to much about what his friends and what other people think of him. It seems like he's ashamed of the fact that he likes you so he low rates your name with his friends behind your back. The best thing for you to do is forget him and not even talk to him again. People like that are not worth your time and you can do way better and there are a lot guys who will treat you a whole lot better than that group.

• Don't forgive him EVER. He may seem like a nice guy but if he has the nerve to even say he joking when he's not says something. He is a huge jerk. Find somebody who will never be ashamed of you.