Why do I get made fun of when I try to dress nice?

Whenever I try to look nice like how I see other girls look, I get made fun of. Mostly from guys saying that I'm trying to be cute/hot or some girls just laugh at me.

Trying took nice consists of me wearing something girlie and applying makeup. I try to look nice every now and then because people tell me I'm hideous when I'm being regular me. Well, they don't really say the word hideous but I get a lot of "advice" and "tips" and "constructive criticism" and "recommendations" about what I can do to be prettier.

Nothing I do will make me attractive. What should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow, those are some mean people. Don't concern yourself with what they think, their opinions mean nothing. Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; and small minds discuss people.[Eleanor Roosevelt quote]. I'm sure you can guess which category they fall into. If you want to look nice, do it for yourself.

I think the problem, as c7777 pointed out, is that you're trying to adopt a look that's not working for you because it doesn't represent who you are. You should experiment a little and find a style/look that suits you. Look up some stuff online and shop with a good friend to get some feedback on what looks good on you. I'm not sure how good you are with makeup, but I never used to wear it, so I wasn't that great at applying it. My friend was really into all that though, and she helped me find the right foundation for my skin, eye shadow colors, the right eyeliner and mascara, brushes, and she also taught me a few tricks and different looks you can achieve using makeup (smokey eyes, cat-eyes, natural look, etc). I practiced for a while and now I'm more familiar with what looks best on me.

Anyway, hope this helps somewhat. The main thing is not to care what other people say, especially since they're nobodies. Do you and I think you'll be just fine.

What Guys Said 5

• They are being idiots. If you just continue to dress nicely on a regular basis, they won't say anything anymore. Also just make sure you use a light amount of makeup.

• Any time you make a change, people will tease you about it.

If you keep doing it, by a week or two, nobody will mention it any more.

If you want to dress in a more cute way, then do it. People will adapt.

• Don't worry about what other people think. Wear what you like. If people can't except it to bad. Always be yourself, not what others want you to be.

• Its not about just trying to look nice by wearing anything other girls wear. For me I can't pull off the skater look, the kanye look, or any hipster look. but I pull off the prep look of raulph lauren, fred perry, like nobodies bizz. You have to find what works for you, and build on it. Maybe go out with a friend and go out to different stores and get her perspective on it.

• they're just jealous

do you and forget the rest

as long as what you're doing isn't hurting anyone and you know what 're doing isn't wrong

DO IT UP!

What Girls Said 9

• this isn't about looking better but not allowing people to tell you how you should look, they should like you for you and not give their "tips" unless they are asked for, don't let people talk to you like that. There is more to life than looking good.

• It's either:

a. Your doing it wrong and their trying to tell you, (most likely overdoing it with the make up/aren't wearing the colors that suit you)

b. Their jealous

c. Their jerks

Just learn, (if you need to) how to do it right and ignore what they say.

• You have to figure out the style that works for you and what you feel comfortable in and let your close friends help you with that , Try some cloth Show them have fun doing it and Try some makeup know what looks pretty on you and what don't :)

For example : I look good when my hair is down , I look good when I put eyeliner and I look good in Shirts , I don't look good when I Tan , and I don't look good when I wear Big cloth it makes me look so small .

And about those People just forget about them , And have confidence , Everyday say To yourself (( I'm beautiful )) And repeat it Cause you are Whatever you look like .. You can be Beautiful Trust me =) ..

Ps : Guys can be harsh sometimes Believe My Ex made fun of me every time he saw me But They want to tell you that you're cute indirectly .

I hope I've helped you =)

• less is more sometimes...when you put on makeup, put it on so that it doesn't look like you have it on, but it covers some of your "imperfections" and I use that term lightly. Use some coverup on zits/belmishes, a light lip gloss and some light mascara...as for clothes get clothes that fit you and your body type, don't try and match other people's defentiion of cute/nice, make your own that works for you!

• Well you can experiment with these tips and recommendations but the question is how pretty do YOU think you are in your own opinion?

• Maybe you are putting too much make Up?Like too much blush

These people seem weird to me I mean why the hell laugh...

I believe every girl can look Attractive If you put some efford to it, have you ever seen those before and after shows?

What you could do is could to those stores that have lots of make Up branda and pretend you wanna buy and ask for the girl to teach you how to do your make Up ;)

• Jealousy honey, pure jealousy.

• Dont worry too much abt what people think...do what makes you feel good inside. You can never please anyone so why even try? There are haters everywhere that love to judge people or cut them down because it makes them feel better inside.

• Maybe you are trying too much on your look, I think you should be casual.Have you ever heard that when you expect the least, you will get attention more?

• When I'm just being casual I don't get any positive attention either.

• I think those people are blind duh..