Why is it that we have to "dress up" to "look nice"

I always hear of people dressing up in order to look nice. Why is it that we can't always be "looking nice". I'll admit, I do like to try to dress up on occasion (for myself) but..that's the only time I get compliments, why is this?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because you look more put together...

I think we girls always try to look Nice no matter what from the pjs to the gym So its not only when we dress up...

But Yeah when we dress Up we get more compliments...

What Girls Said 5

• because dress up clothes are more dressy.and it's not just the outfit, you do your hair, makeup, nails, shoes. it's a complete package

• so that you seem like a person who appreciates the time that it takes to be well put together or look good for others and yourself.

• idk culture...? there's a lot of weird sh*t we do.

• Paying attention to how neat,clean, up to date and put together you look is a way of showing respect for yourself, others aroudn you and who ever you represent (family, employer, in the army it would be your country).

• so are you saying its bad we dress up, or that we should dress up more?

• Why is it that in order to "look nice" you have to "dress up"...I don't MIND IT but..why is it that, this happens.

I was wearing my suit the other day because I didn't have time to go home before a concert I was in and my workmate told me I "looked nice". So I thought to myself, well..why did I have to "dress up" just to look nice. Shouldn't I "look nice" every day?

• What I'm trying to say is, nicer clothes shouldn't "enhance" your image.

• maybe they shouldn't...but they do!

What Guys Said 0