Wearing sweat pants?

What's wrong with wearing sweat pants in public?

I wear them everyday and everywhere, what's so bad about guys wearing them?

Not that it bothers me; I'm just curious about the stigma that they have!

Most Helpful Girl

• nothing. they're comfortable

What Girls Said 13

• I used to wear sweats very often in high school. I started transitioning from that to having a nice style once I got into college. I avoid jeans and sweats if I can (every few weeks or so I'll slap on a pair of jeans...).

When I see a guy in sweats all the time, I think he doesn't really care or didn't want to put effort into his wardrobe. I don't mind very so often, but not every day.

• who cares what others think. I wear them on my day off work. others' opinion don't matter in my world

• There's nothing wrong with occasionally wearing sweatpants at appropriate occasions but when you wear them everyday and everywhere, it shows that you don't even bother to look presentable which makes me think you are lazy and you do not respect yourself.

• I have no problem wearing trackies or other people wearing trackies :) I love wearing baggy mens trackies with a singlet and some vans hah

• Nothing wrong just seems you just want to relax or work out like you are lazy...

So I guess what bugs people is that it seems you haven't put any efford on your looks...

I do think they look hot in guys, but lets say he turns out with them on a date I would assume he wasn't trying to impress me...

I don't know If I explained right but I tried ;)

• I'm not a metrosexual, which is why I don't put much effort into my looks.

• I don't think you have to be a metrosexual to put some efford on your look...

I mean you do wanna look Good right?! Show that you have some sort of style right...

I do know that guys think about their looks and just pretend they got the first thing they saw...

If your style is too practical and trakie pants everywhere all the time go on people will think you are a Personal trainer or something...

• they make you look like a slob.

• nothing wrong with em, just looks more comfy nd a tiny bit lazy lol :P

• Nothing is wrong, hey if it looks good - do it!

• not classy...but if you don't care then don't let anyone else's opinion deter you.

• Honestly? I wear sweatpants and yoga pants out because it's REALLY difficult to find jeans that fit the 13 inch difference between my waist and hips. Otherwise I would wear jeans most of the time.

• I don't like when people wear them in public, like what most people have already said they make you look lazy. I never wear them, even if I'm just at home, it's always jeans for me :D

• it's because it makes you look as though you are too lazy/too poor to wear proper clothes.

• nothing, I wear sweatpants, athletic outfits all the time! I do yoga and gym often

What Guys Said 4

• I am 20 and attending college for my first time. I have never, ever had a problem with wearing sweatpants. I personally think that girls looking hot in sweatpants and should always wear them everyday. As it is, I wear sweatpants all day, every day which is probably very wrong but I don't mind. I found that I can even get away with wearing them underneath my jeans if I don't always want people to see that I am wearing sweatpants. Girls, don't wear sweatpants under your jeans because you are beautiful regardless if you are wearing sweatpants or not. I don't care what day of the week it is and you are wearing sweatpants because you are still invited to hang out with me and sit with me. I have the highest respect for girls and especially girls that have a great personality and are nice.

• you like you just woke up

try and look presentable

• Its bad if you get a boner its real noticable that's why I don't wear them

• place your d*** upwards and cover it with your shirt/hoodie. what do you do when you're supposed to wear business clothing/suit pants? you don't wear them cause whe you get a boner it's real noticable? stupid escuse...

• Shouldn't be done in public, the gym or at home. Bottom line, guys or girls

• Guys shouldn't wear sweatpants in public because guys don't know how to look good in sweatpants. I could care less if a girl wears sweatpants all day every day though. A girl at least knows how to look decent in sweatpants and I personally think that girls look beautiful if they are wearing sweatpants or not.