Guys..What is your tolerance level towards makeup?

I am fine with au naturelle..I was not born yesterday and so I know that is probably not going to happen. I have always thought that mascara enhances any female..but some don't look good in eyeliner and even more do not look good with eyeshadow. I do not care what they do or do not wear on their lips...but have extremely low tolerance towards face/cheek makeup. I hate foundation, bronzer etc. So how does my marriage work? Well she does wear some cheek makeup including blush or rouge WHEN she leaves the house ..which is seldom...around the house sometimes natural but usually a bit of eyebrow pencil and maybe some mascara..I am OK with that. She has never been big on foundation (Thank Heavens) OR bronzer..if she tried to use bronzer we would fight... (:

• If she's hot she can wear any amount of makeup she wants
  • I can live with it IF she tones it down some
  • I prefer none but will bite my tongue if it looks natural
  • Zero makeup or I stay single for the rest of my life
  • See results
Makeup questions are usually good for a lot of fireworks..but everyone has been quite civil...I guess the night is not over yet..but middle ground seems to have been laid out...my Question was directed at males...lol...but always glad to have my female friends hangin' 'round.
I have a tip for the younger dudes...Ever worry about broaching your fetish with your SO? Quit worrying..it is WAY easier with 99% of females to ask her for her pee than it is to stop her from leaving the house with no makeup...if you are looking to break up or divorce? Simple..just throw all of her makeup out...only thing is...you might get murdered as well...O:O

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 18

• I'm not big on make up. I do use it occasionally when there are special events or I'm bored.

Generally, I don't like the opinions of society on make up. People expect a woman to naturally be beautiful and then criticize them when there are the slightest flaws. When most guys say they prefer women to be natural, I automatically assume they really mean they expect beautiful women to be natural.

• Yeah I get u...and females seem to expect females to wear more makeup while a lot of males want them to wear less..so maybe the proper compromise is for less or none around the house and for the male to bite his tongue when she goes out and wears more? <3<3<3 =D

• I always wear too much eye-shadow, but I don't really care. I like my panda-eyes, and I look weird when I don't wear any, lol. It's just become part of what makes me, me - and I don't think I'd really feel all that comfortable with changing myself for anyone.

• I did not ask you to change..if I was your SO, I would like for you to at least consider and respect my points of view...I am fine with your eyes...do you put "stuff" on your cheeks?

• LOL I'm sure you'd find some if you met me IRL

• lol..I like even that about you...no...none of us is perfect...

• I'm too lazy to deal with putting on make up and taking it off each night and maintaining chip-free nail polish. If I'm going on a first date or getting my picture taken I might put on some light mascara and a little lip tinting gloss but that's all I can really stand to be bothered with.

• When a woman wears too much make up it makes her look like a drag queen, and very un natural. To me wearing a lot of make up takes away from a woman's beauty. I like to be very simple and wear foundation and lip gloss. A lot of people compliment me on my natural look and think that I don't wear anything at all.

• I will be interested to see what you look like! (assuming that you are willing) You wear NO eye makeup or mascara? That would be unusual...why do you think you need foundation?

• And sure I can send you a pic. Don't have any here but I'm willing to upload.

• I leave the house not wearing makeup all the time, it's not a big deal to me. When I do wear makeup, I keep it minimal, no foundation. I'll usually wear a tinted moisturizer or a small amount of powder on the face. My cheeks are naturally red so I don't wear much blush, only sometimes when I want to change the color or if it's the only makeup I wear for the day. I think I'm the only one of my friends that goes out not wearing any makeup, LOL.

• I wear make up when I feel like I want to be extra hot that day.

I don't go crazy, however, when I am done..several people say

I look like an actress or something...Like Jessica Simpson...

I do it because it makes me feel good. However, I do not do it all the

time.

• Sounds cool...it is really the cheek/face stuff that most guys hate so much...O:O

• LOL! No not at all! I think you are a VERY attractive young lady...but need close-ups or in-person to really decide whether makeup is enhancing or detracting...and...again...i am only referring to cheeks/face not eyes or lips...

• hmm..well thank you. lol I looked, I really don't have any pics without make up sadly..lol I will take one though tomorrow! And, upload it! As, I am currently wearing make up! ^_~

• I don't know why so many women are so obsessed with makeup, most of them way overdo it. I'm too lazy for makeup so I hardly ever wear it. And when I do, I try to make it look natural and not like Bozo the clown lol.

• Why do guys in real life not complain about makeup the way the guys on here do?

I see cake faces with boyfriends and husbands ALL of the time. This whole obsession with "natural" beauty is pretty much an internet thing.

I don't wear makeup but I have no problem doing so.

• So..I am a figment of yuor imagination? O:O

• Say what?

Makeup? Whoever I ask...they won't just randomly start talking about makeup though. The only thing they bring up is when a girl looks like a clown, looks like a zombie or is tacky or hot(of course)

• Guess Imay as well give up on Life's Experiences...if I haven't got it by age 54...it's too f***in' late...O:O

• I wear more make up than I should... eyeliner, mascara, foundation (I don't cake it on, I dust it across just to make me glow a little) and occasionally eyeshadow.

I wear very dark make up. Black eyeliner/mascara and black/purple eyeshadow. But people seem to like my make up?

• I am sure you look just fine! One of these days I will maybe see for myself! Honestly it is really that cheek sh*t that most of us hate so much ): Keep that foundation to an absolute minimum,..better yet..please throw it away! Have a GREAT Weekend! (:

• Haha, well now you're my fwend you can see what I look like...!

Haha, I started wearing it when I was young cause of spots and my friends were and because I don't like to look greasy haha! Besides, the one I use now is also a moisterizer, so I'm not destroying my skin (as much)

• powder and mascara is all I wear. my skin isn't nice enough to not wear powder so I just cover it up a little and it looks fine after. you can't even tell I wear any.

• you're way too picky. unless your with some girl who applies her makeup like a 6th grader, none of that should matter unless your really nitpicky lol sorry

• REALLY nitpicky...when it comes to makeup..and if you look at males on my poll..they are all saying tone it down...(:

• I don't wear make up but my mother has been pushing me to wear it since 4th or 5th grade. She kind of wants me to cake it on, I once asked her if I was pretty and she said "with make up on you do." Sometimes I think I should wear it because the thing about how guys don't like makeup seems like totally bullsh*t!

• I like you in your pictures and think your Mom is full of sh*t... <3<3<3

• Mothers are like that, not all but a lot are critical like that.

• I use makeup sometimes but never the heavy one.I hate it.It would make me look like a bitch lol.

• this made me feel self conscious. the only thing I wear is red lipstick OR black eye liner. nothing else. sometimes even nothing at all. it's more a style thing than actual need to cover up. it doesn't look natural, but is makeup really supposed to?

• Well I can only speak for myself...I was not born yesterday and so I know that it is probably not reasonable to expect a female to wear No Makeup. Lipstick does not bother me at all..I am hooked on chapstick! I would normally prefer mascara to eyeliner but that is certainly not a deal breaker..what males REALLY, REALLY hate is crap on your cheeks: foundation, bronzer, rouge, concealer...it makes me want to vomit..btw..if you me pics I will be happy to offer you and opinion.

• haha thank you for the offer. nah, I wear none of that. I dress very grungy (I try at least) so I usually wear red lipstick or messy eyeliner to top it off.

• I could live with that...(:

• I wear eyeliner everyday. I guess its just to bring my eyes out more. I sometimes wearing mascara when I'm bothered. No foundation (yuck) or cheek stuff. What do you think of a gal with eyeliner on?

• Eyeliner (to me) is similar to eyeshadow...some females lok great with it and some look horrible and all points inbetween...BUT...I don't get too bent about eyes as a rule of thumb...in fact, I would probably be so greatful that you left the cheek sh*t off that I would probably try to marry you.

If you want my opinion can show me your face and I will tell you what I think...

• Haha. Okay, thanks for your opinion. My camera is terrible quality so you can't see any eyeliner on even if I do have it on. And I never take photos of myself. :P

• tolerance? please. guys have NO clue

• No clue about what?

• oh please. you know makeup from ONE girl and how SHE does it. but that is not a reflection on girls nationwide

• "ONE girl"? O:O

• I don't wear makeup, maybe a little blush at times. I like it all natural and I don't think makeup adds anything to my look.

But a lot of girls look so good with makeup on :)

• LOL! @ "but a lot of girls looks so good with makeup on" heh heh..YOU like 'em ..YOU date 'em

• :D

• i really change it up and don't have a set routine, sometimes I wear eyeshadow blush and lipgloss/stick usually nude and natural colors, other times I never wear anything because I'm going to the gym or to study, don't have anyone special to impress...other times I just wear eyeliner and lipgloss.

i never wear foundation though, don't need to, never will.

bronzer is fun in the summer when you take beach pictures.

• Hey uhhh Taster would like you to unblock him. Can you?

• only for pics, bronzer is actually used as a contour for the face during summer time, there's a lot of videos on YouTube just search contour, and I meant eyeshadow and blush when my face is looking super pale and boring

• hmmm...I guess that's good for an Up Arrow...keep that cheek sh*t to a minimum and Stop Blocking Me! O:O

What Guys Said 8

• "F"

I like them all painted up. Especially the eyes.

• i prefer natural beauty.

girls that wear make up all the time look weird when they don't wear it.

• If it isn't caked on, I'm just fine with make up.

• Right..but a lot of times it is caked on...and there would have to be an understanding...because I could not handle that...Dealbreaker...it makes me sick to my stomach

• C at the most really.

• its when you can start telling that they have face paint on that I begin to lose interest

• Most girls look pretty good without make up, but I wouldn't mind as long as it's just a little.

• ABSOLUTELY NONE preferably.

Make-up is fake-up.

I hate fake people.

• to the level at least I can recognize who the girl I'm hugging