How do you feel about height differences in relationships?

I'm curious to see how many people consider height to be one of their preferences when dating someone. I don't think I would have that big of an issue, except I could see how it's awkward to wear 3 inch heels around someone who's already shorter than you, or to be dating someone so tall that they have to do some serious leaning-over to kiss you. Also, does the area you live in change that preference? For example, back home boys are VERY tall and I'm considered to be pretty short, so you don't really have a choice but to date someone tall. However, at my school, boys are about my height or just a little shorter, which changes the perspective a little bit. I don't think I personally would find it a problem to date someone indifferent of their height, but I haven't had that drastic of a situation to compare it to. Just something else to ponder, look forward to your answers!

Most Helpful Guy

• I like shorter girls, they make me feel taller. that and I like the idea that if someone asked if I trusted my Girlfriend I could say "about as far as I can throw her, and that's pretty far"

What Guys Said 9

• Well, if she is a few inches taller or shorter than me, that's okay; If there is a big difference between us, then that is a problem because hugging and kissing will be harder. Plus, don't forget about the 69 position. That will be tough with a big height difference.

• I used to care but not I don't

I'm 6'1 and I'm not going to let something like height get in the way of me liking a girl

if I like her its because I like her not her height =)

I just wouldn't like anything TOO extreme like under 3'10 or over 6'5"

• I would date a girl of any height, whether short, average or tall. And I'm only 5'4''. There are much more important things to consider in regards to relationships.

• ye I'm 6ft ( well 5ft 11 3/4 inch, so we're rounding up here ;) and I love love love petite girls...like 5.5 and under...

I wouldn't like to go out with some1 who is taller then me in heels but not a deal braker at all if she's stunning :)

How tall are you if your considered short?

• im 5'10 and I like girls around 5'0-5'2 I find myself most attracted to them

• If she's my height or shorter then it's fine. Also she can't be a mid...small person.

• As long as she's not taller than me, height doesn't really matter.

• I am 6'3. If I like her, I'll date her if she's 5' or 6'5.

• I'm 5'10 and I prefer girls who are shorter than me.

What Girls Said 8

• I don't mind guys that are, say 1cm shorter than me. I'd just slouch a little and ta-da. We're the same height. :D I generally prefer guys that are similar in height with me or taller. I sometimes wish I were shorter because I know a lot of short guys with great personalities.

• I'm 5'10". Lotsa guys shorter than me or the same height.

I had a stage when I was about 18 where height was super important to me. I preferred guys who would be taller than me when I wear heels. But during high school I dated a guy my height, and now the guy I like is also my height.

I just think there are things way more important than height. Don't get me wrong, I am generally more attracted to guys about 5'9" and up, but if I liked the guy it wouldn't even matter.

• I am 6'4" in height and my boyfriend takes me to about my nose, Honestly height shouldn't affect relationships because the only thing that matters is how he or she treats you, loves you and I always there for us, I mean seriously, I feel down and out because I'm taller than my boyfriend and I have told him my insecurities and well he loves me and he loves the fact that I am taller than him because he has a preference for tall girls and no matter what others say he loves me and treats me like a princess even when I feel like a freak or a monster

• I would never date anybody smaller than me. It's just way to weird, not to be a bitch but I wouldn't even consider it. He would fall into the 'friend zone' immediately. I'm 5'8, I would only date someone my height, if his personality was amazing. Otherwise, 5'10 is the shortest I would prefer, 6 foot would be great.

• It kind of is for me - I am a tall girl (not too tall) but I am attracted to guys that are 6 ft tall. It is pretty much my physical feature standard but that is pretty much it.

• As a 5'10 girl, I simply am not attracted to guys that are shorter than me. When I'm with someone that's taller than me, I actually feel really feminine, which is a good thing.

• If I'm not in the relationship I don't care about their physical or personality differences. That's their preference and/or problem

• I like people who are a little taller than me, Don't know why, but I don't mind smaller.

Height isn't an issue for me.