How can I get rid of stretch marks?

I tried cocoa butter lotion, every day and night I was my self with St. ives body wash with Elastin, but they still aren't gone! Is there anything else I can use to get rid of the pestering stretch marks? they are very embarrising!

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok, well to understand how to rid yourself of them, it might help to know what they are!

Stretch marks is actually your bodies skin response to enlarging too fast (this can be caused by a sudden weight gain, pregnancy, puberty)

Your skin doesn't like this, so it responds with filling the excess space needed with collagen fibers. Now collagen fibers are the same stuff that fills in scars.

As you may know, scars fade with time.

However, you obviously want them gone quicker.

To do that, you need to do a few things

* Increase blood flow to the area.

-Touch(ing the stretch mark), heat, exercise all increase blood flow

* Give it a optimal environment

- Keep your skin hydrated, Especially after showering or bathing (water dehydrates your skin- figures huh?)

*Nutrition

-Focus on eating healthy, foods like dairy, fruit, foods with vitamin A (carrots anyone?) Basically, you want a healthy body inside because otherwise, how can you expect your body to repair itself with no resources? That's just not fair!

-Drink water, lots of water. 8 glasses a day if you can!

-Drink water (I say this again because it's super important and is possibly like the single most important thing you can do for your skin... amongst everything else it helps)

Incidentally, by doing this, your body will become more healthy and feel better. Funny coincidence :D

What Guys Said 3

• it takes time for it to go away, mine took awhile.

• Surgery is the quickest way to get rid of them. See a dermatologist.

A cream or lotion isn't going to do jack squat.

• I've heard Vitamin E Oil to be superior to the cocoa butter lotion. I have yet to try it though.

What Girls Said 4

• Stretchmarks fade away with time, if not never (they are permanent) it all depends on your genetics. You have to learn to live with them hun <333

• Stretch marks can't really be totally cured. You can minimize their appearance by using some gradual self tanner, and keeping in shape, but cocoa butter doesn't really do anything.

• Try bio oil. I use it and my stretch marks are completely gone.

• their permanent so just love them. no products will work to remove soyour just wasting your money