Guess jean sizes?

Recently a male sales clerk guessed my jeans size correctly, though I hadn't asked for his help at all. I felt sort of uncomfortable because it seems like he would have had to been really looking to know my pant size. I was just wondering if anyone else would feel the same or if this was totally normal.

Most Helpful Guy

• Like Sunmonster says, you get pretty good at judging stuff like that if you do it a lot. I used to work in ski rental, and for that you need to ask people's weight so that you can safely adjust their bindings. After a while, I could make very accurate estimates from just a quick glance. Same thing with being able to look at the shape of a customer's foot, and immediately know which model of ski boot would fit them best.

I'm sure it's the same with sales clerks in clothes stores - an experienced clerk would be able to tell your size at a glance.

What Guys Said 2

• Naw I used to work at a shoe store once, and started to be able to guess their feet sizes accurately.

• Get over yourself lol

What Girls Said 3

• It's not weird at all. It's his job and he has seen a lot of body types shopping in the place, so he better know how to guess right :)

• It just comes with looking at things constantly and being able to tell the size, kind of like knowing if a box will fit in a certain space. In middle school a guy guessed my bra size correctly even though I never said anything about it in school or around him. He was known (as pretty much any guy that age) for always looking at girls' chests.

• Sales clerks almost always guess my size. They're good!