Do girls really look at a guy's shoes before anything else?

I hope this is not true becuase my fashion sense at footwear sucks lol. I have one pair of shoes, and then for fall and winter I have a couple pair's of boots (Uggs), I don't wear the Uggs for fashion (that would be scary), I wear them cause they are like walking on cluds, and it gets cold where I live. If you do notice a guy's shoes first, I'm wondering what is the big deal about shoes? To me footwear was always about comfort, and protecting your feet.

FYi I have huge feet, growing up I had trouble finding shoes that would fit me, so I am just happy to find something comfy that fits.

Most Helpful Girl

• i don't think I ever notice guys shoes! I usually find myself looking at their calves...idk why though hahaha

• Calves, that's interesting. I actually have huge Calves, they are like five, six inches wide.

• Thats nice. I just find muscular calves very attractive:P

What Girls Said 18

• to be honest I notice everything about the physical appearance of a guy. I look at hair, facial hair, good skin, nice eyes, lips, nice EARS and the clothes! To be honest I look at the clothes before the all the rest but eventually I look at everything. clothes tell a lot about the guy, to me Shoes do matter, not necessarily the type of shoes but rather whether it matches with the style of clothes that he is currently wearing at that moment. it puts me off if a guy is wearing nice shirt + pair of jeans and gym shoes or birkenstocks or teva sandals! eeeewwwwwwwww! vibram five fingers is the worst footwear ever!

• i don't really understand looking at shoes either hehe

i don't care if the guy is hot I look at his body or face

than fashion I don't care about :)

could you help with this ? :)

link

• No, girls do not look at a guys shoes before anything else. It's not even high up on the list. That said, we do look at what all you are wearing, just like you look at what we are wearing. It your shoes are a dirty mess, then we think you are messy.

So, clean you shoes guys. If you haven't bought new shoes in awhile, buy some. If you have big feet, you can find them, there are plenty of places to find them. There is this thing called the internet, you can "google" anything about where to buy large sizes. I'm sure you've heard of it.

lol Just kidding with you. Don't wear the Uggs on a date. Ugly.

• I would never wear Uggs on a date, or anywhere that I was tryign to impresss a girl. I would wear my New Blanace sneakers which are two years old. I would wear dress shoes, but with with my big feet dress shoes hurt.

• Get different dress shoes. I think there are much better choices for you than whatever you are wearing. Shoes should not hurt your feet.

• It's hard to find dress shoes, becuas eI'm a 4e (that means extra wide. my shoes size is only 13 1/2 , but my feet are so wide, that it makes, it hard to find shoes.

• I don't think I ever notice a guys shoes. Ever. Only if a smell rises up to my nose, will I look down.

• I never look at a guy's shoes.

• Assumin that you're black. First...i look for a polo...RalphLauren. Then I look at the shoes. If they aren't right I move on lol I think the sexiest thing is like a black guy. With a RLPolo and AmericanEagle/Holister/ETC cargo shorts! And very nice shoes!

• Uh no. I usually notice much,much later. Now if he were wearing flip flops for example, with slacks and a nice shirt,then yes I would.

• Wow uggs? really? that's a huge turn off honestly. I do notice shoes... and also manly hands and arms are hot :-p

• Just so you know, I do not wear uggs, for fashion, I think they are the ugliest shoes ever. I just love their comfort,

• I wasan't going to say anyhting else but that last comment made me laugh =)

• i don't really bother about shoes, UNLESS it's so unfitting of a function or place, etc... something like wearing sneakers to a formal D&D function..

• I do but I tend to see what other things he is wearing first.

• No, unless I was already already looking at the floor.

• I never look at a guys' shoes, it's the last thing I notice

• No, we don't. At least I don't. I've never even heard that. It makes no sense. Just as long as you treat girls nicely, you're in the clear.

• No, it's the last thing.

• I don't notice shoes unless they're completely hideous. I notice a guy's eyes and hands before his footwear...

• The last time I paid attention to a guy's shoes was, well, never.

• i don't even look at my own shoes...

• no.

i look at 2 things in the following order:

1.) is he taller than me? (he has to be taller than me I'm 5'8)

2.) his face. (I like eyes, smile, ...)

What Guys Said 2

• if a girl is worried about your footwear she isn't worth dating or being around.

• i feel your pain man I wear size 15-16 ill wear anything that fits I have 2 pairs: nike running shoes and my workboots. my only other pair was free- team shoes for basketball