Asking mom about thongs

okay so I wanna start wearing thongs but I'm scared to ask my mom if I can. should I just ask her cor what. I mean are they more comfortable with sweatpa ts. that's the only reason why I want them are because of sweatpants lol. help thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• You're over 18 so chances are you have a part time job or some access to birthday money and such at the least. Just go out and buy some yourself. If you think she will react badly if she finds them then wash them by hand. She shouldn't find them in the wash anyways, shouldn't you be doing your own laundry too? But if you've lied about your age and are under 18 like your writing style suggests, scrape the money together and buy some. If you literally have no way to get the money then you have to ask her. Hope this helps!

What Guys Said 8

• I sort of doubt your mom will buy that but maybe it's worth a try. It will give her a good laugh if nothing else.

• boy that's going to be an awkward moment, more awkward then this conversation.

"Hey dad, I have a favor?"

"What is it son?"

"i want to wear speedos and european men underwear"

"..." *cocks shotgun*

that won't end well.

• It says you are somewhere between 18 and 24, so my advice would be that you go to wal-mart or Victoria Secret or wherever and get yourself some underwear.

• If you are over 18, you don't need to ask. Just go to the store and buy some.

• You're over 18. Just go buy some. Let me guess you lied about your age? Just say you want to try new types of underwear to see if they're more comfortable. There's nothing wrong with that.

• If you're having to ask your mom for thongs at 18 and above..then you probably shouldn't be wearing them

• umm...you are 18+ years old! why the hell would you talk to your mother about that?! just go to VS or something and buy some

• Do you have to ask her? How old are you?

What Girls Said 8

• sweatpants? or yoga pants? there's no point in wearing a thong with sweatpants. I only wear thongs when my underwear line would otherwise show through the clothes, so like, leggings, yoga pants, some dresses, etc.

• When I started wearing thongs,I didn't even ask my mother; I just went to the store and bought some. Obviously she saw them when she did laundry, and she didn't even mention it to me. I don't think it is that big of a deal at all; I mean it is only underwear and it is not like you are going around showing everyone what is underneath your pants. I suggest you just start wearing them and don't say anything unless this topic has come up in the past and she has forbidden you from wearing them? Which I don't know why she would unless you are a child perhaps?

• Why not tell her the truth that you want to wear thongs as they don't show panty lines and you like the idea of wearing them? I think mostly parents are supportive of their kids.

• Its not like you walk around in underwear around your mum. Right?!?! Because I can't possible think of someone above 18 asking their mum about what underwear to wear.

• my teen daughter likes to wear yoga pants and needed something other than her regular bikini style underwear to wear with them so we got her some boycut panties and they don't show a line so unless you are just looking for an excuse to get a pair of thongs then boycuts would work just fine.

• Just go out and buy some and do your own laundry.

• just buy them! I bought my first when I was 14 and most of my friends were 12 why should your mum have a problem with you wearing thongs?

(if you are from the u.s. wet seal has some really hot one which are also pretty cheap ;))

• Why do you need your mother's permission to dictate what kind of underwear you can wear? I feel bad for you if she is that strict with you, especially considering the fact that you are 18 years old and a legal adult. I think you should just take some money and buy them yourself. I find thongs comfortable but the majority of people don't find them to be the most comfortable kind of underwear. The reason I like them is because they are smooth under clothes and don't leave lines or bulk.