Cream eyeliner vs liquid vs pencil?

What kind do you like the best and why?

Pencil/crayon/marker draws on the fastest and is probably easiest to get a good line with, but I find that it smudges a lot.

Liquid...never really tried. Can anyone find some good ones?

And cream/gel-I love my Bobbi Brown but sometimes I get flakes on my brush and it is hard to draw a good line. Could it be that my brush is just not that great? I love it though, it stays on forever and comes in my color and doesn't smear.

Also, what color liner do you use? I like Blackbrown/brownish black the best. But a lot of brands only make either black or brown. I think that black would be too harsh and brown would be too light. What would you say?

Also, what is your favorite liquid eyeliner? Favorite gel eyeliner? Favorite pencil/crayon eyeliner? Thanks.

Thanks for the help!

Most Helpful Girl

• I love the retractable crayons. They glide on SO easily, and they don't smudge too much (compared to pencil). If I want something smokier, I'll use pencil/crayon and blend it a bit.

Liquid gives a much cleaner line and there is NO smudging. Sometimes I'll put a thin line along the lash line over the crayon, just to make it stick. I only really wear liquid eyeliner when I'm going out - I'm just too lazy to take it off.

I use gel eyeliner the most. I put it on using the bottom of a thin brush (the hard handle). It's easy to smudge into the lash line and gives a more earthy look, imo.

I use black most of the time. Sometimes I'll use a color, but rarely. Browns are nice during the day. I have black eyelashes/eyebrows, so black eyeliner doesn't look too harsh on me.

Favourite liquid eyeliner: Mac

Fabourite crayon eyeliner: any, really. I find that most are pretty much the same.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 7

• I've never used cream.

I like to use both liquid and pencil eyeliners. The liquid for my upper lid, and the pencil for my lower waterline. My favorites for both kinds are the Sephora brand. They are the only ones (to date) that actually stay on my face. And I have oily lids/skin.

You forgot to mention eyeshadow as a liner. There are tutorials online that explain how to apply it. I do know you can finish my putting a liquid/pencil liner over the eyeshadow to set it.

• I prefer gel liners. It's the same idea as cream (comes in a little pot and is applied with a brush) but it's not so creamy so lasts alllll day :) x

• I like cream eyeliners the best. I'm not a fan of the liquid eyeliners. I always end up smudging myself or putting the line too thick. So Cream eyeliners FTW! :)

• Creamy Eye Liners are the best!

• Pencil is my favorite except all the sharpening. But the liquid stays on and easy to use.

• I use a pencil (Urban Decay Zero). It's much easier to apply imo.

But I also have Mac Blacktrack Fluidline eyeliner that you apply with an eyeliner brush. That also does a good job but takes a steady hand.

If you don't have black hair, you shouldn't be using black eyeliner. You should use brown.

• Makeup Forever has a great waterproof pencil that does NOT smudge and comes in a ton of colors (I usually wear a navy blue shade) and you can get it at Sephora. Slightly pricier, but worth it because you won't look like a raccoon. I find liquid/cream to be too dark and harsh for me as I tend to go for a more natural look.