Is it bad to be aware of your physical attractiveness compared to other girls?

would you judge Meagan Fox for knowing that she's prettier than an average looking woman on the street? So why do people get mad at me when I know that I'm more or less attractive than another girl. Usually I say things like "Wow I look really good today" and people will think I'm conceded or I'll say that someone else is much prettier than me and all the sudden I have low self esteem, it feels like I can't win unless I pretend I have no idea what I look like.

I don't really verbelize it I really dot know why I put that Terry but what I mean is like te scene from meangirls where all of them are talking about their worst features I don't really have anything to say.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I know exactly what you mean. It's best to keep quiet about your looks. If you are prettier than most of your friends they are very likely jealous and probably won't call you pretty. Not to sound conceited but I was with one of my friends and a few other girls we are friendly with (She's a bit closer to them than I am but I'm friends with all of them) and I know I am prettier than they are, but she was telling them both how gorgeous they are and how pretty they are, and not saying a word to me. The only thing she does is call me conceited for looking in the mirror, even though I don't say anything about my appearance.

Many girls hate to tell a friend who is prettier than she is that the friend is pretty, plus they assume the girl already knows it.

And if you put yourself down you do look like you have low self esteem.

I think it's best not to talk about your looks around other girls unless they bring it up first. If you know you are pretty that's what counts, and if you get guys there is nothing to worry about.

What Guys Said 3

• In my opinion, you can't say anything to make yourself feel better because it makes others feel worse.

So they with hate you for saying it, because now they feel a little bit worse. So therefore you must feel as bad as they do.

For instance, I used to say that I was smart and then people started tripping saying "oh relax buddy", and "get over yourself" or "uh huh" and sh*t like that. Making me feel worse about myself.

So saying stuff like "I'm pretty" or "I look great" or "I'm really good at _____" will p*ss people off.

Misery loves company. Period

• everyone compares his/her self to others its totally normal. although the verbalizing of it is kinda weird. and its awkward for the people listening and it makes you look self-centered and conceited.

• i mean its fine to notice it, everyone does. but why say it? if it feels like you can't win by saying it, there is really no point to do it. plus keep in mind that it is impossible to look at yourself objectively. you have seen yourself so much more than everyone else and you know all the smallest details of how you look even if no one can tell at all

What Girls Said 3

• u don't need to say it out loud but its not bad to think it. people don't like when pretty people say "im prettier than x" because it makes them feel bad because it reminds them that they're not that pretty. but if you say that "x is prettier than me" it makes people feel uncomfortable because it sounds like you either have low self esteem or just fishing for compliments. try not to compare yourself to other hoes and just say "im pretty" :)

• Everyone does this whether they like to admit it or not. The thing is, you can be aware of your beauty but there is a way to go about it so people know you are confident without being conceited. There must be a sense of modesty about the things you say. Even just the tone of voice can change how people perceive what you say. And you can say you think someone else is really pretty or attractive but comparing that person to yourself can make it seem like you are envious of them, which is unbecoming. The point in this long answer is to just be positive about yourself with modesty and humility. :)

• It's fine if you know you're hotter than everybody else, just don't ACT like it.