What's a good brand of temporary hair dye?

Or they are called semi-permanent hair dye? I have dark brown hair and want it to go sort of reddish. I actually wanted something like Blake Lively's red hair but people said I will have to bleach it and I don't want to.

link

Which red color doesn't need bleaching? Auburn?

And what's a good brand for those dyes? I don't want my hair to be damaged and want the color completely washed out after certain washes. Suggestions people?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, auburn. Basicly, without bleaching, you're looking at simply giving your already dark hair a red sheen.

Wella is a good brand. You can go to any proffesional supply ystore and pick up close to any brand of actual dye, as long as you don't use the peroxide (which is purchased seperatly). Any of the knoledgable staff will be happy to help you.

Or if you want to make it simple just pick up something lo'real and semi-permanent. Red will always wash out extreamly quickly. Red color particles are the smallest and therefore wash out of the hair cuticle almost instantly. You're looking at maximum of one week of real red sheen. This also applies to permanent red dyes.

Or try henna!

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 6

• Natural Instincts Cinnaberry color. go to my profile and the one pic of me is newly dyed. I have medium brown hair.

• most of the time if I dye my hair red I use Garnier Herbashine.

Is I can't get that then I use Clairol Natural Instincts. Make sure you choose the temp color and not the permanent as Natural Instincts do both.

They are both sold at walmart :)

• Did the color get completely washed out? I am really nervous because I've never dyed my hair before!

• of course hun, it won't even last as long as it says on the packet! don't worry, just think to yourself you can always dye your hair back! that's what stopped me worrying first time!

• Will give it a try, thank you :)

• I know this may sound weir but I had wanted a red streak of color in my hair... So I went to the store and for a dollar got four red cool aid packets. All you have to do is put 2 packets in water and then microwave it for about 2 minutes until its practically boiling hot and soak your hair in it for five to ten minutes the darker you want it the longer you leave it. This works for any color.

• splat :3

• clairol perfect ten

• i don't know the name but I heard japanese ones are really good they don't have ammonia