Comfortable around everyone in a bikini?

(Girls Only!) What's the difference in being comfortable around people in a bikini compared to bra and panties

Well there both pretty similar in there ways in what they look like and what parts of the body they cover for females so what's the difference for a girl to comfortable around everyone in a bikini compared to bra and panties? (Not to be perverted etc.)

So girls (again not for perverted purpose) would you say you would be equally comfortable around everyone in a bikini compared to bra and panties then? Why?

Most Helpful Girl

• no ofcourse not, there are some differences:

Bikinis are thicker - its made from some material that's usually not supposed to be seethrough, even if you can still see curves

Bra and panties: This is underwear. Just the whole concept that its underwear means it means for : a) me myself to look at , and b) boyfriend, special someone, who I take my clothes off to, to look at. It's not meant for the general public, therefore it can be more special and more private. my bikini doesn't look like my panties. even if you could see as much of my ass in a bikini, the whole purpose is different, and the level of intimacy is different. And if you think of beachwear, it really doesn't matter who can see your ass there, because almost everyone is wearing something just as revealing (assuming you don't have any religious or conservative issues), then you know, the concept is one is public wear, one is private wear. its very different, even if you think the shape and size is the same.

What Girls Said 9

• I've only recently started wearing bikinis. A lot of my panties have lacing and cute ribbons on them. I would never wear something remotely similar in style to my panties in public. The two piece I own now is a solid purple color. Nothing really fancy about it. I'm not 100% comfortable in a bikini, but I'm at the point where I still wear one and be ok.

• Bikinis have a defined place where they are acceptable to be worn and that is where there is potential to go swimming/need to get wet (with water).

Bras/panties you have to wear all the time, so if you were wearing just that all the time, you would be labeled a slut by other girls because it would come off as trying too hard.

Personally, I have no problem in confidence level in either, I just can't really walk around in just bras/panties all the time because I would get fired from work.

• I've never understood that either. As long as they're not getting wet (see through!) I'm just as comfy in my bra and panties.

• With a bathing suit, it is socially acceptable. hermm, honestly I have thought about this, and that is all I can come up with.

• Well after seeing me in my bikin, I don't mind then seeing me in my bra and underwear. It is more socially acceptable to parade around in a bikini (seeing as there's a beach or pool around) than in your underwear.

• id rather wear my bra and underwear everywhere if I could, rather then bikinis.

• Both show the same amount of skin and both are equally uncomfortable for me.

• it's mental. you think underwear is suppose to be inside so people shouldn't see it. but bikini is outerwear

• yeah I've thought about this one quite a bit. I don't actually like wearing bikinis, I think they're way too revealing and I'm really uncomfortable in them. honestly it's just pretty much impossible to find a cute bikini that isn't as revealing, since barely anyone makes suits that aren't bikinis.

What Guys Said 1

• What I don't understand is when they wear "bikini-cut underwear" and complain that "oh, well we wear the same thing to the beach"..yeah well, maybe you should have thought about that before buying "bikini-cut underwear", maybe?

• Women don't really like to be gawked at in their bikini...yet when they buy bikini-style underwear, it's perfectly fine. I don't get it...