Does a league exist? Are beauty and ugly universal?

link

This question got me thinking about this. Is there an actual league when it comes to dating? What is it and how can ugly people know where it is?

I'll let anons answer.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, but it's not so black & white as being only comprised of ugly and beautiful people. I think confidence, career, skills and your societal status all come into play when it comes to dating leagues.

Like, let's say for example, there's an ugly guy who is pretty boring and doesn't really have any ambition, he just wants to remain how he is, and keep on living an average life. The guy is attracted to a beautiful girl. This girl doesn't only look great, but she has tonnes of friends, goes to all the greatest parties, and has a really exciting career that she's super-into. I'd say that ugly boring guy stands the exact same chance with her as he would if he were better looking.

Of course looks matter, but they only represent a a portion of what makes up a league. So even if you are a painfully average looking guy, if you lead an interesting life, and are good at talking to people - you'll still stand a chance at getting with a girl who is miles better looking than you.

What Girls Said 5

• Its relative to each person. I might find myself to be average, but the random guy on the bus this morning wanted to wife me because I was the "most beatifulness" he'd ever seen :p

• I use to think, "no", but now I think "yes" because it is more of a compatibility thing. It's not like you can't be in that league if you changed, but I think it is important to be true to oneself, so they can be happy and someone can love them for who they are.

• Leagues are all dependent on how someone else views you. Think about that for a second.

• There is league! Its all about how you feel about yourself! It all come down to confidence. Who has it? And Who does not? That's it! End of story! : ) Not Beauty and Ugly.

• I would say there are leagues. Poeple who think too much of themselves and think they're popular, but are actually hated are one league. People who think much of themselves and are popular are another league. People that try to be popular, but fail are another league, a league where usually only poeple in that league can date each other, nobody else. People that don't care if they're popular or not, though they'd like to be a little, and care about the inside, not the outside are another league (I'm in this league). People who don't want to be popular whatsoever aren't losers, they just don't want to be popular. People that are geeks are the last league, and they're losers. I might be wrong, but . . . this is just what I think.

• Why are geeks losers?

• How many geeks have done this to you?

• Aout 6. But they do it almost every day.

What Guys Said 4

• beauty and ugly are not universal. We have Western standards of the 20th century.

beauty standard change over periods and over regions. In Africa beeing chubby is seen as very beautiful ( well fed, healthy ) here it's more skinny ( watches her food , sports -> healthy) .

In some cultures women with uni-brows are considered very beautiful :D Hard to imagine for us , but it's true . Also it's obvious that even for persons of the same culture standards are not the same

• There are leagues, people who work on their looks and physical appearance will no doubt want to be with someone like themselves

BUT, there are girls who are beautiful inside and out, very humble and down to earth, wife material if you may... but most of them are taken so that sucks hahah

• league, what league?

f*** no.

there are only matching tastes and un-matching tastes.

• Sadly, it depends on the person. But it's sick to me to think that just because you don't belong to a certain 'league' or 'clique' you can just as well forget about it.