Do you attribute the blond stereotype to all fake blondes?

my hair is naturally a dirty blond or really light brown, but I dyed it a lighter shade of blond for my Halloween costume. all my friends say they absolutely love my blond hair and I should leave it that way. I do kinda like it but I'm afraid everyone will attribute the fake blond stereotype to me even though it's not true.

Most Helpful Girl

• Actually yes - I think it's subtly applied.

I don't do it personally, or rather try no to. But it is something that is annoyingly in the back of my head, along with all the other dumb stereotypes - but that's societal poisoning for you.

Anyway, I mean think about it like this - girls who die their hair blond are suddenly hotter - because it's a trained idea in American society. Blond haired white women are the epitome of beauty -

Unfortunately for the negatives of the stereotype, those become associated as well.

Rarely will people treat you any differently, but I notice girls who dye their hair blond, act more ditzy for whatever reason. Not all of them now - most girls act the same and dye it for a new look - but there are cases where girls fall into acting like the damn stereotype in that aspect.

Not good because it reinforces the idea.

But so long as you just stay you, and don't let the blond dye go to your head ha ha literally :P you'll be good.

IMO though, I think everyone applies common stereotypes in the back of their heads, just because we're bludgeouned damn near to death with society and the all mighty media training us to their perception of " truth."

But yea, stay you - who cares what people think all that jazz :P

What Guys Said 3

• I know blond, I've seen a lot of them lately. I adore the true girls that have blond hair, but I also despice the once who have blond hair... and they give real blond girls a bad name to!

(not all of them ofcourse...)

If someone asks just tell them the truth, it might brighten their day.

• Nope. What stereotype is that anyway? That they're stupid?

• the main ones I know of is they're dumb, easy, and insecure girls trying to look like one of the hot popular girls.

• lol Those are all stupid. I don't agree with those.

• I think the whole blond stereotype doesn't really exist. I think it's used more as a joking matter.

What Girls Said 6

• nah I loved my blond hair but it got super fryed after a while and that's when it looks a little dumb blonde/trashy, but when it's healthy it can look really classy and beautiful, it's just hard to keep it up with constant bleaching.

• probably try john frieda go blonder shampoo so your hair gets step by step a bit lighter and it looks natural!

• Who cares what people think? you should do what makes you happy. There are so many intelligent blondes out there.

• Nope...but some people might be judgmental anyway...just ignore them and be your smart self!

• Please stop caring about what others think. Life is much easier.

• My hair is naturally dark brown, but I have dyed it before blond. My IQ didn't drop or anything and people thought it looked nice on me. Don't listen to what people say. Just embrace it and love it :)