What's your opinion on buying clothes online?

I have never bought but would like to give it a go. But I feel there's a risk. I think shoes might be okay to get, but shirts? It's a bit of a gamble.

• Do it all the time, what's the problem
  • Too risky, never in my size
  • Can be a problem but mostly okay
  • Have never bought but would like to
  • As long as it's not... It's fine (leave answer)

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 9

• I buy clothing online, but it depends on what it is. I think girls often have a much harder time finding clothes that fit right (both because we vary a lot in our "curves" and because women's sizes can really vary from store to store). I'm much more likely to buy from stores I've shopped in before, or to buy brands that I'm familiar with how they fit because I'm more certain that they'll fit properly. I'm more likely to buy things like t-shirts, sweaters, etc. than I am things that are form-fitted/no stretch items or pants because I'm not sure if they'll fit my curves properly.

If I was a guy, I'd probably be a lot less picky about buying things online though. I mean, my boyfriend wears a size small shirt---all of his shirts are that size---so there wouldn't be a lot of worry that if I bought him a size small shirt online, it might not fit. More than likely, it would.

Also to note, most online stores have decent return policies (but personally, I'm kind of lazy when it comes to returning things :P).

• I'm usually a small nowadays, sometimes a medium. What worries me is the companies definition of sizes. I also like shirts that have like a v-shape cut, gives it a bit more shape.

I see what you're saying about curves etc... Can be a bit of a problem, I suppose t-shirts are ok.

• Actually, I JUST was telling my friend that I'm SO glad I didn't buy something online that I've been looking for for months. It was a two-part item.

The first part I found in a store for $15 whereas the online price for the exact same item was $65 -- and the size I would have ordered would have been too small for me. I would have been stuck with the item, double shipping costs, etc.

I found the second part of the item and it wasn't at all what I would have wanted to wear. Very itchy material. I like soft fabrics, especially if they're going to make direct contact with my skin.

Having said this, I have ordered online from Macy's or Target, which are both near my home/office and therefore easy to return/exchange if they don't fit properly or look the way I'd imagined.

In the end, it depends on the item, the company, and your ability to exchange or return. How much of a hassle are you willing to put up with if the thing doesn't fit you?

• This is interesting, you would think an item online would be cheaper due to lower costs etc... I suppose it pays to browse.

I can't really tolerate waiting around to return stuff.

• A lot of times you can browse online, print or download the item you want, and click the "find in store" option...

• Uh I just bought panties with an online Victoria's secret gift card E-Card GAG gave me so I guess I'm about to find out

• I like it, you can save a lot of money. Well except shoes, I would much rather try them on as my feet are narrow :)

• i really need to try them first, clothes or shoes.

because, sometimes, it's my size but don't fit me... (it's usualy bigger than it should be)

so, B!

• I buy my tops online.

• i buy tops online, but not bottoms. those I have to try on in person. but tops are easy

• I do it!

• I always buy stuff online, shoes and dresses are usually okay but occasioally the stuff isn't too great in which case you can just send it straight back to where it came from. I love shopoing online.

What Guys Said 6

• You simply need to accept that you'll need to return some of what you buy online, and factor that into the cost.

• If you skateboard DO NOT BUY SHOES OFFLINE. Everything else is easy because you know your size in shirts, pants, shorts. But buying shoes offline is a complete waste of time. Unless your easy to shop for shoes. Like my feet are as wide as an airstrip so I have to buy certain skating shoes just so my feet don't rip out the sides.

But if you have regular feet and you know your size in shoe(obviously) then id go ahead and do it. Oh and sandals are 1 size smaller than your shoe size

• no risk.deliverya nd stuff are optimum

but though you know your size they seldom fit.hence its bette rto buy in person.also they are normally overpriced

• I do it. I have never had a problem.

• It's hard to find a fit one and we don't know the quality of the fabrics

• I've purchased plenty of clothes online. If you know your sizes and are familiar with a number of brands you usually have no problem getting what you want. I've only once had to return something in over 10 years of shopping online and they gave me store credit exceeding my purchase price to encourage me to keep my business with them and to refrain from a reverse charge. I've had a very good experience with online shopping from casual clothing up through business attire.

• This is good to know. Can you let us know what the site is called?