Guys who make the effort to dress nicely?

Yesterday I decided to just dress really smart for the hell of it, and my god was it fun haha. I basically wore a classy dress shirt, matching slim jeans and some nice shoes too, cologne, my glasses and my hair was styled too. I went through all the effort but do girls even notice after all? I had a few looks but nothing major, would it be considered unmasculine? thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• That's adorable I'm sure you looked great. I even notice if a guy is slightly dressed up and you went full-out.. I don't think it's unmasculine at all, I'd probably think he's got something important to do today or even a date. ;)

We notice it don't worry (glances count as something).

What Girls Said 14

• Ah - I love a guy who knows how to dress.

He doesn't have to look nice 24 / 7 but having a bit of style is definitely a plus. Guys with a bit of fashion sense catch my eyes immediately - and I'm sure a lot of other girl's eyes too. It makes a dude look more put together and confident - both of which are very attractive.

It's not unmasculine at all to coordinate your colors a bit and demonstrate a sense of style. It's very sexy and more guys should do it :D

• I like the way your answers are always very detailed :)

• if you tell those overly stylish "confident" guys to walk around in cheap nerdy clothes for just one day, they won't do it. they created a "confidence test" here in germany. most of the stylish girls and guys didn't dare to walk around in those cheap clothes. some of them accepted the challenge, but they felt weak and insecure. isn't that pathetic? they're only self-confident if they wear expensive and stylish clothes. that's obviously not real self-confidence. they only act self-confident...

• Well here in Colorado - a lot of people don't take their outer appearance as a means to build up their self image;

It's just style that's it.

There are a few people like that - but 75% of those people are girls lol

Most guys just go about their day - stylish or not. The guys with style just tend to be sexier and give off a more confident vibe.

Tis all - just a vibe.

• No. You did get a few looks right? Clothing and appearance is important but the way you present yourself probably tops the list. Wear the classy dress shirt with confidence and you'll get more looks.

P.S. I wouldn't match my jeans with the shirt

• I meant a suitable color that matched or fitted the jeans, they weren't the same color lmao

• oh lord,i hope guys aren't going to start getting all ''PMS-y'' when we don't notice they dressed up...well you should wear what you want,i don't really notice when guys dress up,unless they wear sweats all the time

• hehehehe, that is adorable! It's nice when people in general make an effort to look nice. I bet you looked just DASHING! =D

• No, I love it when a guy is well-puttogether.

• i love when guys wear skinny jeans. I think the suit guys better anyway... could just be because I'm attracted to guys though, I really like the casual but made effort look... ie dressy jeans etc on a guy.

I think it was good you dressed up not unmasculine at all. unless you start wearing a dress...

• Noo so not unmasculie! What you first see is a first impression and as they say, they last. As a girl who knows a lot about hair makeup beauty and clothes its the first thing I notice. You sound like you looked smart sexy and classy :)

That day didn't happen to b the one you got tht chicks number?

• I think some girls notice. I notice more his attitude and personality when I talk to him though. but it's good to look good, often it makes me feel good to dress well.

• Yes girls notice it. I love it when a guy dresses well!

• Yes, I notice and I'm instantly more attracted to the guy for respecting himself enough to dress nicely.

• u are cute but pls don't smile like a squirl :)

• I had no idea squirrels smiled like that. I thought their cheeks took up most of the smilying space :P.

• what the hell is a squirrel smile? that's my smile lol I can't change it, it's not like I can reach in my mouth and rearrange my muscles at will

• make it less wide :D lol don't mind me :P I m drunk on orange juice :)

• I prefer the grungy look myself so it just depends

• Honestly, I prefer guys who aren't afraid to just be guys and don't really dress up. For casual wear I prefer a guy in a tracksuit or jeans and a tshirt to a guy who is all done up. But do whatever you want. I'd lose the slim fitting jeans though.

• Maybe lose the slim jeans, which are not very masculine...

It depends what the style of your hair, etc. was also.

What Guys Said 6

• i do that every once in a while and people treat you differently. girls definitely notice.

• Of course they notice. I always make sure to look my best when I hit the night cause it is the diffrence between a rejection and taking a girl back home. When a wear some particular shirts that show off my build I instantly get responses. Nothing gives you an ego boost like walking to the club and a drunk girl shouting, "Wow he is handsome" ;-)

• Agreed - a guy who is aware of how to dress is just better noticed and usually looks really smexy lol

• Yeah...im not gonna deny it, I do put more effort into my appearence than what you might think; yet no-one has ever noticed...so I tend to do it less.

• i dress up all the time and yeah the girls notice

• Sometimes I do, but normaly I just take whatever I find. But I do often spend some time on my hair

• Naaa, they would rather notice somebody who has a ball cap and no idea how to wear it body looking like a psychedelic ink pad mistake created with the art of a three year old in mind and a dozen or more holes gone wild in their body with spikes hanging out a cellphone stolen tenny shoes gold chains that weigh more then they do car dragging the grown bouncing like it's in heat a naked chick standing next to the devil painted on the hood rims bigger then and costing more then the car smoke plums of pot coming out of the windows heading in the direction of no where like there is no tomorrow, but no not that. Just sayin.