What is pretty to a man?

I was in a wedding, got all sexy for it..was looking hot as hell! At the end of the day, when my boyfriend and I were driving home, he said to me "you looked pretty today" Pretty? I know it's not a bad thing, but I was one foxy lady at this wedding. We've been together 4 years, we still connect on every level...what the heck is pretty? lol I feel like he was my brother calling me pretty...now he's not one to compliment very often and I take in whatever he gives out to me...but pretty?...what is pretty to a man?

Ok..people are getting the wrong idea here...I have no problem with him calling me pretty, he's never called me it before. I appreciate they compliment and I am not complaining, but I just wanted to know what men mean when they call their gf's pretty because to me it's something you would hear a family member say..not a bf

Most Helpful Guy

• He called you "Pretty"? Oh my God! What the world has come to!

Hey, cool off, will ya?

In this case it is just semantics. That's all. Don't cut a guy's balls off just because he used wrong words, at least what you called wrong words. Pretty, sexy, hot, foxy, gorgeous, beautiful, cute, (did I mention pretty?), pretty, haba-haba, are all not much difference in the grand scheme of things. Let it go! You are lucky if your only problem is that he called you "pretty".

JESUS!

Unless, of course...

What Guys Said 5

• Ask him to elaborate the next time he compliments you. I think he's uncomfortable complimenting you.

"Pretty" is just a start to a conversation for me.

• Wearing a bride's maid gown is pretty. Having your boyfriend peel the gown off later to find sexy lingerie...that is sexy!

• Does "baby you looked so f***in sexy today I could hardly control myself!" sound better?

• lol, you're overthinking it. He meant you looked really good at the wedding

• some men really don't see the difference but I think he is just trying to say it politely, its a compliment! appreciate it. your over thinking it. You said yourself he doesn't compliment often so if he saying it then he notices it.

What Girls Said 5

• Jeez, learn to take a compliment.

• Well a lot of girls take offense to "hot" or "sexy" because they don't want to be seen as a sex object. So he might've used pretty to avoid pissing you off. In any case though it's still a compliment! Just accept it and smile :)

• I think you're overthinking it. It sounds like it was just a nice compliment. Plus, if you've dated for four years you should be able to ask him what he means.

• take it as a compliment, he thinks you looked pretty... men aren't often as wordy as we are, pretty = attractive :)

• Do you want to not be noticed at all?

You have a boyfriend. He called you pretty.

Appreciate what you've got.

You could've made a joke about it, oh yeah, just pretty, I think I look, etc and flirt with him.

But saying thank you to his compliment.

• I appreciated it very much and I thanked him for it, but just never heard him say pretty before...

• Oh okay. Sorry if I was a little bitter.

Ask him about it :P