Why don't girls wear backpacks?

i have noticed that most girls do not use backpacks. instead, they use those big shoulder bags. why is this?

so some of you girls don't like wearing backpacks because theyre not stylish, cute, or generally good looking? you resort to oversized hangbags that ruin your shoulders.

then what do you think of guys who wear backpacks?

Most Helpful Girl

• Shoulder bags are more cool then lugging a backpack around all the time. But what some girls are anyone that wears a shoulder bag may not realize is that it messes with your posture, backpacks are better in the sense keeps you more balanced. If someone is wearing a shoulder bag, it's good to switch it from shoulder to shoulder every now and then, that way one side isn't getting too much strain. That's what I did, but eventually I ended up not using a shoulder bag or a backpack. I used one of those bags that is like a backpack but with strings that when you pull them the bag closes. It was nice looking to wear, and didn't strain either of my shoulders, plus I was still able to carry everything in it, which was great!

What Girls Said 17

• I used to wear a backpack all the time (through high school and university), especially if I was carrying something heavy like books. Now that I'm out of school, I use other types of bags more often, but still use my backpack if I have to carry something heavy.

• Hahaha I personally prefer backpacks. They carry all my equipment for work or school projects XD

I plan to buy one of those with the Iron Man print too. You know, the one for little boys? My gal pal got a Ben Ten backpack and it was awesome. OwO I want an Iron Man backpack or a Venom backpack...

Sooo yeah.. I'm a 20-year-old female walking on girlie outfits wanting to wear a kid's backpack and I don't care :P

• We're into ruining our posture for the sake of fashion.

• ... I actually don't know why. I guess that's what's in style now. before I moved to my new school I carried my bag around with me all day, but now I drop off my bag at my locker and only carry around my books needed for the classes since I have enough passing time to stop off at my locker between classes, so the bag that I have doesn't need to be in style, but I've just stuck with my shoulder bag from my old school. I don't know why. I have a backpack in my closet. oh well.

• @update - if I had a cute backpack, I would use it. but I don't feel like spending more money on another school bag. and I don't really care what guys use.

• I wear backpacks for school they hold more, I prefer messenger bags but they'll fck your shoulders up. I actually have to take my hw home this year and I'm not trying to stuff it all in my purse.

• I look young and don't want to look younger than I am when I'm in public carrying a backpack haha

• backpacks are for kids, they're not really cute.

• A LOT of girls wear backpacks to school. But outside, handbags look better.

• @update: I wore a backpack most of the time in high school. But guys with backpacks are cool, if they wear it to work that is. If its just a trip out, I'd be wondering what they brought inside of it.

• ive switched to shoulderbags and than I'm like F*** it and so I bought a new backpack I just got too sick of it I needed change that's mostly the reason lol

• i'll stick to my backpack :) those shoulder bags kill my back/shoulders when carryin heavy books and whatnot

• I like backpacks, I always used them in school. shoulder bags hit my thighs when I'm walking and that can get annoying.

• By shoulder bags, I don't mean messenger bags. I meant the oversized handbags.

• Oh, oops. Well I don't use those either, they get heavy easily.

• I wear book bags all the time...and some times I wear shoulder bags..but for the most part I'm a book bag girl. I think its just the fashion style that a lot of girls are into.

• I personally use shoulder bags because they're more comfortable, but apparently some people think backpacks are "lame," so I'm guessing that has something to do with it :P

• dunno. I have both.

• @Update, I think nothing of them. really, I don't care what others carry their books on.

• I use both! I prefer my book bag to be honest, but I guess it is for style purpose.

• Backpacks are so elementary school, shoulder bags are more elegant, classy.

• i don't know I guess they think it's stylish but I find backpacks to be more practical so I use one.

What Guys Said 1

• I assume you're talking about those in high school in which case it's doubtlessly because it isn't cute enough to wear a backpack, or because they're just generally too f***ing stupid to comprehend anything beyond "hi" and "like omg" and maybe, for the more sharp ones: "oooh shiny"